Cheapest early morning SE1 to Heathrow?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 25 March 2012 12.20pm
Besides spending 1.5 hours on a night bus at 3 AM, what are some good ways that you have found to get to Heathrow for an early morning flight (i.e. before 7 AM). I'll be traveling with a group of five other people -- any reliable mini-taxi services that offer vans at a reasonable rate? Thanks for any tips!
Sunday 25 March 2012 3.36pm
Call Just Airports...they really give a good service and are cheaper than any others I've tried.
Sunday 25 March 2012 6.47pm
Thanks.
Sunday 25 March 2012 7.57pm
These guys were around 30, which seemed pretty good to me:
0208 4442131 Airport Express. Not sure about for 5 people though...
Sunday 25 March 2012 10.36pm
I used to get the last train out and sleep at the airport. But I was younger then.

Now to be perfectly honest I avoid the hideous prison experience that flying has become and drive or take the train.
Sunday 25 March 2012 10.47pm
At all costs do not go by road. At that time the back up, a concentration of people going in to collect from early morning international arrivals and business people going into the Continent, causes queues back to the M4. You might get there in time but it is not good for the heart rate. You need to use the Heathrow Express, expensive but quick, or the Piccadilly line, cheap but slow.
Sunday 25 March 2012 11.37pm
@theedy Thanks for the advice! So even if we took a night bus leaving from Trafalgar Square area at 3 AM, there could still be a massive delay?
Zoe
Monday 26 March 2012 8.19am
I don't think you'll get a massive delay at that time. what day of the week is it? I've been to Heathrow in the early hours on a Sunday and there wasn't any problem.

I also used to drive up the M4 everyday for several years and before 7am there really aren't any queues at all. Perhaps they start closer to the airport, but you can do 80mph all the way up the M4 and A4 with no problem (not that I did such things of course!).
Monday 26 March 2012 2.09pm
I travel early in the morning from Heathrow during the week and never experienced any queues.
I always take "Dockhead" Mini-Cabs - they have also drivers with vans but it costs GBP 45 - 50 (it does depend which terminal) and it usually takes 35 - 45 minutes from Bermondsey.
Monday 26 March 2012 7.39pm
I've never experienced major traffic worries at that time of the morning.

You can google some airport-specific car services and their rates tend to be very competitive. But when I last used one the driver couldnt find my flat and I had to hail a cab in order to make sure I didnt miss my flight. Which was stressful.

So now I just use my regular cab company. With 5 other people it should work out at far less than singles on the Heathrow Express too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: