Eileen House and the Lib Dems

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 28 March 2012 5.31pm
James will surely put this in the Eileen house thread that I cant find....I was MOST interested to read the news item regarding the attempt to link planning permissions with possible conflict with adjacent businesses, bringing up the MOS and Eileen House run in. This is a VERY suspect move by the Lib Dems and I was glad to see that the News item pointed out that the MOS has given such huge sums to the Lib Dems...if this isnt unmitigated bribery I'm Maralyn Monroe.
Thursday 29 March 2012 8.47am
MOS may be being generous with their cash, but that doesn't mean they're wrong...
Thursday 29 March 2012 12.11pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
...I was MOST interested to read the news item regarding the attempt to link planning permissions with possible conflict with adjacent businesses, bringing up the MOS and Eileen House run in. This is a VERY suspect move by the Lib Dems and I was glad to see that the News item pointed out that the MOS has given such huge sums to the Lib Dems...if this isnt unmitigated bribery I'm Maralyn Monroe.

The fact the Ministry of Sound donates money to the Liberal Democrats made me think: what would be the most appropriate tracks for DJs at the club to play to celebrate this connection?

I'm sure other SE1ers will have some ideas. To get the ball rolling, how about -

Stuck In The Middle With You
Idiot Wind
The Yellow Birdy Song

(I may have got some of these titles wrong.)
Thursday 29 March 2012 12.34pm
Thatcherites (Billy Bragg's rewrite of Burns' Jacobites) is the first one that springs to mind.

Brother Can You Spare a Dime? in the light of this story.

And, in view of so many of the policies they've introduced with the Tories, AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Thursday 29 March 2012 7.33pm
Perhaps Jackie could sing "Happy Birthday Mr President" and jump out a huge cake.

RSE1

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network