TV reception problems

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 5 April 2012 2.43pm
I realise the big digital TV switch over happened yesterday. I dutifully re-tuned my TV only to find that after re-tuning all BBC channels were missing/v.poor quality. I then did a manual re-tune but this did not resolve the problem.

Anybody else having similar problems in the Trinity Street/Falmouth road area?

Cheers
B
Thursday 5 April 2012 3.15pm
I am on Virgin, have phone broadband television, had not put television on today, my phone line is kaput though, rang to report it and automatic message said problems in se1 area that they are working to fix...I am just off great dover st.
Thursday 5 April 2012 3.30pm
Do you use a set top box or is your digital box integrated? You might want to check the connections. Are you still getting any analogue signal? (You should still be getting all but BBC2). If all of that checks out you might want to go through this site for advice
http://www1.freeview.co.uk/Help
Thursday 5 April 2012 3.54pm
Thanks dronid. I have a set top box on an older TV and integrated in a newer TV and PVR. They all did the same when re-tuned. Tried to manually re-tune channel 23 (group 1) which holds all BBC TV and radio but the signal is only 15%. Still getting a very snowy analogue signal, but that's no different to the reception before the switch over
Thursday 5 April 2012 9.45pm
I've only got analogue.
BBC 2 does seem to have gone and ITV (or some ghastly game show anyway) has moved to that channel while the ITV channel is just snow. The others are as before.
Waiting for the whole thing to go and then I'll ditch the set top ariel. It was never very good anyway.
Tuesday 10 April 2012 10.51am
BBC turned up on 800 on our old freeview box. However, it wont hold it there which is somewhat annoying.
Bad signal message indicates the ones that have been moved.
Tuesday 10 April 2012 11.32am
I've had a myriad of problems, which started on 7 March, when the first of 4 engineers came to replace and install a new STB. I need this when recording to DVD, because of the limitations of a digital TV.

After a further hour long telephone conversation, the box works fine, with all the channels. However, after the 'mini' switchover on 4 April, I lost a lot of channels on the TV and all but the BBC are pixilating beyond belief.

I have been categoraically told, by Samsung, that the problem is down to the analogue signal not being switched off until 18 April, at which time the digital signal will be very much stronger.

Hopefully we will look back and laugh at this farce, in a week or so, but it has been - to put it mildly - damned inconvenient!
Wednesday 11 April 2012 9.29pm
I'm only slightly south of OP, on the New Kent Road. I have lost most of my ITV and Channel 4-related channels today. Have done many retunes.
Wednesday 11 April 2012 9.35pm
Guys, I experienced the same issues, but have found the solution: don't re-tune but restore factory settings instead.

I did this, and it worked fine, while re-tuning had no effect.
Wednesday 11 April 2012 11.16pm
Jules62 wrote:
Guys, I experienced the same issues, but have found the solution: don't re-tune but restore factory settings instead.
I did this, and it worked fine, while re-tuning had no effect.

That's not good advice. Folks should re-tune as per recommendations.

Restoring to factory settings may have fixed you and your problems - but it will wipe out all software updates and any setting folks have saved.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: