Getting to Stansted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 5 April 2012 5.19pm
can anyone recommend a cheaper option from our area apart from the express at Liverpool Street?
Thursday 5 April 2012 5.28pm
I don't think there is one, other than walking/cycling or driving if there's enough of you to split the parking cost.
Thursday 5 April 2012 5.29pm
You can get a Terravision bus outside Liverpool Street Station to Stansted for about 9 single and 7 return. It takes about an hour.
Thursday 5 April 2012 6.42pm
It's 14.00 return on a Terravision bus from Liverpool St. station, 7.00 return for a child.
A girl I know and her three friends went by black cab, they negotiated a fixed price of 100.00 from Rotherhithe, they each had one medium to large case and a smaller carry-on case, she said that the journey took fifty five minutes and in her opinion was well worth 25.00 each as it was door to door instead of cab/train to Liverpool St. then carry luggage to train/bus.
Thursday 5 April 2012 7.05pm
You might want to try one of those 'rent my parking space' sites (if you have a car of course), as I've found it's often the cheapest way.

I'm going to Luton in a couple of weeks, how have other people go there? I really don't want to drive, but it's looking like the cheapest way.
Thursday 5 April 2012 8.01pm
TO Luton you take the bus either from Victoria or from Gloucester Place near Baker Street. It's very quick and inexpensive and takes you right to the door of the airport (I've done the train from E&C but the hassle at Luton Station and the tansfer to the shuttle is a real bore). For Stanstead I've only taken the train from Liverpoool Street - it's a bummer it's so far from our part of London.
Thursday 5 April 2012 8.13pm
It was 16 each on the coach and 25 for the train, to Luton. I was hoping to get an easybus 2 deal!
Thursday 5 April 2012 11.16pm
I can recomMend easybus, though it does leave from Baker street.Cost a fiver last year,and as I arrived early let me join an earlier mini bus.4 passengers in total
Thursday 5 April 2012 11.51pm
I'm not a great traveller, so I like to drive to The Harwood B&B in Gt Dunmow, park the car, have a (vege) curry across the road, get some sleep, then get a lift to & from the airport from Ian.
It's just so much easier.
Tell them Graham sent you.
Friday 6 April 2012 6.34am
There's a National Express bus service from Stratford to Stansted, which might be handy if you're close to the Jubilee line. Price around 7 if I recall correctly.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: