Pie and mash

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 9 April 2012 1.26am
Can anyone tell me if Cooks pie and mash shop is still in the Cut, I use to go there back in the 60's when I worked in Union Street, use to take it back to the office and make everyones mouth water, them were the days!!!
Monday 9 April 2012 1.34am
No went years back,manzes tower bridge rd or whatever it is in westmoreland rd would be closest.
Monday 9 April 2012 8.35am
Arments is the pie and mash shop in Westmoreland Road.
Monday 9 April 2012 10.24am
Thanks for info, I know I can have home delivery anywhere in the country with Cooks and Manzes was
just wondering if the shop was still there as theirs
was really nice. Now living in Dorset but miss the cockney food, was born in Bermondsey, Galleywall Road before the flats were built there. There is a pie and mash shop down The Blue too. Does anyone remember my nans and grandad's shrimp and winkle stall outside the Victory pub at the top of Galleywall Road? Another great food!
Monday 9 April 2012 11.12am
The pie and mash shop down the Blue is called Lou Farrows (?) but I've never eaten in there. I think it is also a cafe.
Monday 9 April 2012 11.20am
Years ago the one down the blue was a pie shop, no way at all can it be described as pie and mash now, tried it 3 years ago...total total c**p, as different as the proverbial chalk and cheese.....Manzes are best...but the stewed eels are overcooked perhaps the bain marie thing keeping them at a certain temperature means as you put them into your mouth they just dissolve, shame really 'cos I used to love them...
Monday 9 April 2012 12.33pm
The best I ever had was Harringtons opposite Vauxhall college,they had small pies,they were lovely,they used to be open late at night apparently,I believe there is still a Harringtons in tooting.
Yea Lou Farrowsnever wasn't ever in the league of manzes,I never had Joyces but heard that was nice.
Monday 9 April 2012 1.34pm
Just seen this

http://www.pieshop.co.uk/shop/

Apparently the new Goddards in Greenwich is nice.

http://www.manze.co.uk/
Monday 21 May 2012 5.09pm
i worked in tooley street so had pie and mash nearly 3 times a week in tower bridge road when i went to laxon in long lane had it mosts days it beat school dinner and had dounutts from next door must learn to spell
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: