New barbershop on Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 4 of 11
ADT
Thursday 24 May 2012 2.00pm
I hadn't realised there were that many. I know that most posts are from regular contributors - that is the point I was making and why I said it was disappointing to then also see so many posts that, to my cynical eye, look like potential self-promotion. It seems a shame to have an evidently good business and then risk doing something illegal to promote it.
Thursday 24 May 2012 2.48pm
ADT wrote:
I hadn't realised there were that many. I know that most posts are from regular contributors - that is the point I was making and why I said it was disappointing to then also see so many posts that, to my cynical eye, look like potential self-promotion. It seems a shame to have an evidently good business and then risk doing something illegal to promote it.

Eh? You mean you made the accusation without checking? Several were off topic (about the grocer in the same street or local cash machines). As a proportion, the posts you allege to be dodgy (presumably fewer than the first timers I counted) are very much in the minority. Maybe that's too many, but you don't know that those posts are 'self promotion' by the owner of the business. Report them to detective James and he might be able to sort them out.

Anyway ADT we're doing a good job at bumping the thread...;)

Let's celebrate what appears to be a genuinely highly regarded new business.
Monday 28 May 2012 4.11pm
If it helps, I know I do only only post very infrequently, but I only do so if I think something is particularly brill. If you look me up, I have posted in the past few years about Millenium City Garage and Simon the Tanner. I went to the barbershop and to Millenium cos of recommendations on here. (And I used to walk past Simon the Tanner on the way to work and decided I should pop in one night).
In regards to my haircut, even my girlfriend said over the weekend how nicely it was cut - something which she's never said before!
Thursday 31 May 2012 2.00pm
Just wanted to echo the good feedback on Jeff's Barbers.

Went for a cut last night at 7pm when most barbers are closed. Owner gave me a great wash and cut for 15

The owner is such a hard worker - he's open on Sundays and will also open one of the jubilee bank holidays

Great Suffolk Street is turning into good parade of shops - Terry's cafe, the butchers and the greengrocers.
Thursday 31 May 2012 2.16pm
went on Saturday.Had a tidy haircut,not much you can do with my hair I'm afraid.But had my ears given the flame treatment and tidied my eyebrows up,which no other barbers as ever done..As somebody else said that parade is shaping up nicely
Friday 1 June 2012 1.32pm
Had excellant shave there about 2 weeks ago.
Better than I could do. My beard design is rarely symmetrical. Had the flame treatment on the ears too. Wont be trying that at home :-)
Friday 1 June 2012 2.54pm
These guys are brilliant! My husband won't go anywhere else now, and as a bonus they cut my 3yo son's hair and did an amazing job! Highly recommend and willing them to succeed!!
Friday 1 June 2012 6.22pm
Had a great experience there yesterday.
I think I've found my new barber

...if you press it, they will come.
jw
Saturday 7 July 2012 10.32pm
These guys are great - reasonably priced and expert service.

Highly recommend their wet shave
Sunday 8 July 2012 1.35pm
GREAT place. Friendly people, good cut, good price.

3 visits. It's a no-brainer.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 4 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network