New barbershop on Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 5 of 11
Thursday 23 August 2012 10.49am
I went there yesterday after loosely reading this thread, it was amazing! It was like a lunchtime adventure with the fire, hot towels (smelled like lemons!) and massages etc! I wasn't sure when the experience actually finished and sat in the chair for a while!

I would recommend it to everyone with hair!

That ear fire thing, I didn't think I needed it! Will it make more hair grow back?
Thursday 23 August 2012 2.43pm
James B- wrote:
I would recommend it to everyone with hair!

Maybe not girls??

James B- wrote:
That ear fire thing, I didn't think I needed it! Will it make more hair grow back?

Probably not, but it may frighten it off, only for it to sneakily re-appear in your nose.....:o

Flaming nostrils await.
Thursday 23 August 2012 2.58pm
Indeed maybe not girls, though my girlfriend was quite curious when I told her about it on the phone!
Thursday 23 August 2012 5.16pm
janefs wrote:
James B- wrote:

Probably not, but it may frighten it off, only for it to sneakily re-appear in your nose.....:o

Flaming nostrils await.

On reflection, that could re-define the term 'flared nostrils'
Friday 24 August 2012 1.14pm
Been every 2 weeks since he opened. A first class male grooming experience. Really friendly team who are keen to impress. Best haircuts ive ever had!
Saturday 8 September 2012 11.49am
Visited on the basis of this forum and its good reviews - result - i am super satisfied and will make them my new tonsorial artists
Saturday 15 September 2012 1.37pm
A truly great experience. Friendly team who really know how to cut hair. Excellent massage and good Turkish coffee. Will try the traditional wet shave next time
Saturday 15 September 2012 8.53pm
Wish I'd seen this thread a couple of days ago. Went for the second time ever to the one on Bermondsey Street, SE1 I think it's called. The first time I had an italian hairdresser who did a very nice cut and for a discounted rate of i think 25. This time I paud 30 (didn't even need hairwash since I'd just done it meself) and paid 30. The hairdresser seemed friendly and chatty but the end result (I didn't fully realise until later) was, I'm sorry to say, one of the worst haircuts I've had in quite a while, totally uninspired. He should have consulted me more on what I wanted. When I thought he was going to start styling it after a bit of blow drying it turned out he was already finished. For 30, an amount I rarely pay, I expect a darn sight more than that. Will definitely try these new guys next time.
Sunday 16 September 2012 12.09pm
Jeff's Barber is getting busier all the time.
I pass by most days, and it really cheers me up to see hardworking young guys get their business really going.

I am due my 4th visit next week, and I know it will be as good as ever.

Let's keep spreading the news - I agree that Gt Suffolk St is a really well-sorted local amenity.

Kevin
Monday 1 October 2012 8.33pm
May I add to the endorsements of Jeff's Barber on Gt. Suffolk St. Before I lost most of my hair, I used to enjoy having it cut and then it didn't really seem worth spending out on haircuts anymore. However, the owner, Ibrahim has turned that all around. He understands what customer service is and turns simple no 1 cut into a very special experience, the meticulous cut, wash, hot towel, and arm massage are exceptional value at 15. It's a delight to receive and a joy to support someone who understands how attention to detail puts you at the head of the game. Jeff's Barber has nailed this one, and if you haven't already experienced a haircut there, I urge you to try it soon I can't imagine anyone could resist returning!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 5 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network