New barbershop on Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 8 of 11
Friday 26 July 2013 9.04pm
Popped in for a cut and shave this afternoon after reading all the positive reviews - was so good I felt compelled to create an account and post my own.

Great service (including as mentioned many times previously the scary but awesome ear hair singe) reasonable prices and very friendly guys.

Highly recommended.
Thursday 3 October 2013 10.10pm
I am a total convert to Jeff's. I have been experimenting with a beard, and it was starting to look a bit too experimental. Ibrahim sorted me out. The whole thing was a real pleasure.

But who is Jeff?
Monday 7 October 2013 10.54am
Andrew H wrote:
I am a total convert to Jeff's. I have been experimenting with a beard, and it was starting to look a bit too experimental. Ibrahim sorted me out. The whole thing was a real pleasure.
But who is Jeff?

I remember Ibrahim (if I'm remembering the names correctly, that's the owner right?) saying that his Dad who has Jeffs Café on Webber Street close to Blackfriars Road, had stumped up the initial outlay and paid the rent, so that's why he's named it Jeffs, after the same person who has the café.
Monday 7 October 2013 12.59pm
I heard the same story, from Ibrahim.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 7 October 2013 3.39pm
I can't believe that he has been working there 7 days a week since it opened to build the business up. I am so pleased it is doing well and there is talk of a second SE1 branch if he finds the right place.
Monday 7 October 2013 6.41pm
He definitely work very hard. And as a very happy customer I am pleased to see he has built up a loyal custom.
Friday 11 October 2013 1.18pm
Moved into the area recently, and traveling up to Walthamstow to use my old place wasn't going to be viable. Popped into Jeff's yesterday morning, good cut, quick but with quite a bit of care taken over it, little bit of banter and they even burn your ear-hair and trimmed my eyebrows (maybe that's just for me though, they are kind of big).

Paying twice as much as I used to is a bit of a pain, but I did feel I was getting value for money. Plus I had a fry-up next door when I was done, mustn't grumble...
Friday 20 June 2014 10.39am
I've been doing the rounds with the Barbers in SE1 trying to find my "barber of choice" There are so many to choose from, most of which i've not be 100% happy with the end result.

I popped into Jeff s for the first time yesterday, it could not have had a more pleasurable experience. Great bunch of guys who really know there stuff, i felt very welcome and had some great banter. The attention to detail was spot on and they really do focus on the customer satisfaction side of things.

Needless to say, i will defiantly be going back when the time comes for the ears to be lowered again!
Friday 20 June 2014 2.39pm
I will have to try Jeffs, I have recently had the worst haircut in my life! Short cuts in London rd, it's so bad I will have to let it get really long before I get it cut again, £7 lol get what you pay for.
He knew what he had done and never got the mirror out to show me the back, he just kind of ushered me out a bit sharpish. I was so angry.
I think I have "advertised" him on a thread on this site as well!
If I was a young man I don't think I would of gone out for a month.
I'm not one to say things like "avoid" because everyone has bad days but this was really bad...AVOID.
Friday 20 June 2014 3.58pm
I heart Jeff's, and will be paying him a visit this weekend for a long overdue cut.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 8 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network