Drug Dealing on the Draper Estate

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 10 April 2012 11.35am
Have anyone here in the southernmost part of SE1 noticed a spike in drug dealing on The Draper Estate?
The demise of the Tenant's Association and the installation of the scaffolding appears to have brought about a problem not seen for years.
Have we been landed with miscreants swept away form other areas?
I am concerned that the security staff here appear unable to manage the situation.
Please PM me if you share my concern.
Tuesday 10 April 2012 11.58am
Have you alerted the police or the safe neighbourhood unit?
This should be the first step.

Most of the times I have highlighted one of this issues to someone the answer has been:" you know.. Is central London!"

I am still try to understand what that means...
Tuesday 10 April 2012 12.10pm
I've not Graham, I'm not sure I'd recognize it, but concerning and would like to see it stopped before it get's out of hand - Safer neighborhood team and Cllrs should be informed.
TAK
Tuesday 10 April 2012 12.40pm
I've already raised this with safer neigbourhood a few weeks ago (who have been absolutely brilliant and incredibly fast) and the housing officer from LBS. Safer Neigbourhood will be very happy to hear from anyone with information and describtions, so please get in touch with them.

I think the sudden appearance of this is also related to the light and boris bike station power outage (TFL's responsibility) which has been ongoing since January. Again, I raised this with housing officer, TFL and london assembly member as TFL don't seem to get a handle on this....

The more people make a fuss the sooner things get sorted.
TAK
Tuesday 10 April 2012 1.11pm
jamesup wrote:
I've not Graham, I'm not sure I'd recognize it, but concerning and would like to see it stopped before it get's out of hand - Safer neighborhood team and Cllrs should be informed.

James

I also think the streetlights in the Strata service yard are not working. Maybe you could check and chase this with management? The current darkness combined with site fencing etc. creates ideal conditions for such unwanted activities.

Many thanks in advance
Tuesday 10 April 2012 1.16pm
I'll check this today. I hadn't noticed that (and I face south).
Tuesday 10 April 2012 1.57pm
orione wrote:
Have you alerted the police or the safe neighbourhood unit?
This should be the first step.

Most of the times I have highlighted one of this issues to someone the answer has been:" you know.. Is central London!"

I am still try to understand what that means...

Oh I know,there seems to be little consistancy on this matter,the "this is London" argument could be applied to just about every complaint.
Well this is indeed London and people live here, some respect for the dwellers wouldn't go a miss.
Tuesday 10 April 2012 3.11pm
The local housing department, the SNT and the police have been aware of this problem for some time, even Southwark's Anti Social Behaviour Unit is involved.
I don't understand why the concierge at Draper House appears unable to manage the problem, given the estate wide cctv and other resources at their disposal.
I am intrigued as to why the different 'agencies' have chosen to let this continue, when they have had so many complaints from my neighbours for so long.
I particularly wanted to know if any locals have any views on this.
Tuesday 10 April 2012 3.34pm
I would think that all the concierge would do is inform the police and perhaps supply cctv evidence should it be needed.I think it's asking too much to expect a concierge to be an upholder of the law,saying that we would get marathon chases off of porters years ago but then we were not going to pull something when we got caught,it was the traditional clip 'round the ear.
If residents complain directly to the police then I think they are obliged to investigate or keep an eye out at least.

I don't know about anyone else but I have definitely noticed a reduction of police on the streets,even in cars,just don't seem to see them much these days,maybe i'm imagining it.
Tuesday 10 April 2012 8.13pm
Is it a real CCTV or a dummy. I know for certain of some cameras which are just empty boxes as a deterrent.. Better bit to say which ones
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: