Top plumber

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 10 April 2012 3.42pm
Just like to say that the plumber I found recommended on this site did a fine job on my flat in Harold Estate SE1 at very reasonable rates. His name is Darren Hanratty 07915 615988 if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Ian
Monday 16 April 2012 9.33am
I second that. Darren is super - he will call at times convenient to you and is the most competitively priced that I've found. Plus, he is a thoroughly nice bloke. Highly recommended.

Hayley
Monday 16 April 2012 1.07pm
Sorry to be a downer on this as I followed a recommendation for Darren via this post for a leaky shower. He came round to have a look/give a quote - tightened up a few screws which were obviously not the problem, told me if that didn't work I should get a new one and charged me 75 for the privilige. So I am left with a still leaking shower, no idea where to get a new one and who to fit it and with 75 less to spend on said new shower. Don't think it was a big enough job worth a decent amount of money for him to be interested in helping further. Any ideas on what to do next would be appreciated...
Monday 16 April 2012 1.18pm
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that, Louise. Darren came and fixed our loo, which involved two visits - one on a Sunday and one on a weekday evening and I seem to recall that the total bill was less than 100 including the part that needed replacing.

If you need another recommendation, I have friends that speak very highly of Pimlico Plumbers, but please be advised that they are not cheap (their pricing structure is very transparent though): http://www.pimlicoplumbers.com/company-charges
Tuesday 17 April 2012 8.58am
In reply to LouiseW: I'm sorry you feel you've received a poor service but I did make it clear my minimum charge was 75, in all fairness it was an out of hours appointment (at your request) I did all I could to rectify the problem,I tightened every connection on the unit (there were no screws?) we both agreed at the point of me leaving your property that the dripping had stopped, but I did advice you if it started again that you probably needed a new unit as there were no serviceable parts on your existing one.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: