Home utilities, bedding, pans, etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 12 April 2012 8.37pm
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me please where I can get home stuff like pillow, bedding, pans, plates, etc? I was searching the are for about an hour yesterday and couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

Best Regard!
Thursday 12 April 2012 8.42pm
I went to Ikea in Croydon last weekend - they have everything you need under one huge roof.

There is now a tram that goes from Wimbledon and stops outside Ikea.

Wimbledon is 2 stops (12 mins) from Waterloo on the overland train.
Thursday 12 April 2012 8.46pm
Tesco at Surrey Quays has all of ths under one roof. BHs (same shopping centre) also stock such items.
Thursday 12 April 2012 9.05pm
Thanks Guys, thats great!
Thursday 12 April 2012 10.10pm
You could also try Argos, they do a lot of cheap stuff - there's one at Humphrey St near the Old Kent Road Tesco.
Thursday 12 April 2012 10.41pm
There's Furniture Aid Soth Thames at Kennington, which is excellent if you're a bit skint - you may need a reference from a local cllr.
Thursday 12 April 2012 11.10pm
In the Elephant shopping centre, lower floor eastern side if I recall right, is a cheap household goods shop. The quality won't be phenomenal but if you need a bunch of stuff on a tight budget it could be worth a look.

Tell them how many items and ask for a discount: you may get something off.
Thursday 12 April 2012 11.31pm
For bedding items, towels etc, I can recommend an online store that supplies hotel quality items (ie: not only good, but also durable), including those made from Egyptian cotton at very reasonable prices.

Check them out here and compare prices for equivalent items.

For quality pots and pans maybe the best place is across the river at John Lewis.
Friday 13 April 2012 8.55am
Freegle and Freecycle might be good for some things.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: