What are Notting Hill Housing doing on Neckinger/Grange Walk?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 15 April 2012 11.17pm
Has anyone seen any planning applications?
Notting Hill Housing are demolishing the council flats sometime soon but has anyone seen anything about what they plan to replace them with?
Sunday 15 April 2012 11.47pm
What council flats are they demolishing Davies?

That is just shamefull.
Monday 16 April 2012 8.55am
It's a large block at the end of Grange Walk and part of Neckinger
Monday 16 April 2012 10.16am
If you are thinking about the 2 blocks opposite Bridewain Street on Grange Walk, the flats are in a poor state of repair and have been abandoned for many months. I know a family that lived there, but thieves stole their water pipes for scrap, and they were flooded! They have now been rehoused in the Neckinger estate.
Monday 16 April 2012 10.17am
The flats that have just been built next door will carry on down Grange Walk, and through the middle section to Spa Road on the site of the one stop shop. I believe approximately 700 dwellings all together. Part of the 2000 dwellings being built on a very small area of Bermondsey Spa. Salter and Lister must be turning in their graves.
Monday 16 April 2012 10.51am
105pear wrote:
The flats that have just been built next door will carry on down Grange Walk, and through the middle section to Spa Road on the site of the one stop shop. I believe approximately 700 dwellings all together. Part of the 2000 dwellings being built on a very small area of Bermondsey Spa. Salter and Lister must be turning in their graves.
Do you mean Grange Gardens on Grange Walk? They are not actually built by Hyde Housing so they must be in addition to the 2,000 homes of the Bermondsey Spa regen project.
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200180/bermondsey_spa
Monday 16 April 2012 10.55am
juanita wrote:
Do you mean Grange Gardens on Grange Walk? They are not actually built by Hyde Housing so they must be in addition to the 2,000 homes of the Bermondsey Spa regen project.
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200180/bermondsey_spa
Sorry ... you are right. Grange Gardens is part of the 2,000 new homes of Bermondsey Spa. If you look at the masterplan, you must be referring to Site C
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200180/bermondsey_spa/1144/bermondsey_spa_masterplan
Monday 16 April 2012 5.40pm
In addition to the flats mentioned above that are being knocked down, there are the big studios behind them that are now vacant and being built on. I got sent a planning application notification with a visual render. It looked a nice development but seems an awful lot of high density housing for that small area but then the whole place seems to be getting knocked flat and then huge apartments being built up and people do move in quickly (abbey street, grange walk, bermondsey spa etc) but then I dont see a massive increase of people on the street or the tube in the mornings. I dont understand how Notting hill are involved when it is no where near NH. I was so surprised that people bought those flats in Grange walk for 770k. Madness
Monday 16 April 2012 5.49pm
from The Grange gardens website: The riverside around Southwark and Bermondsey ('the new Hoxton') is a key London address for restaurants, night life, art galleries, museums and food and antiques markets. So grab your hat: there’s plenty here to get dressed up for.
Monday 16 April 2012 5.59pm
Hi,

If you search online for Neckinger estate and Notting Hill housing you get a PDF file with all info.

It is the same exact development that Notting Hill Housing is developing in Golborne road north of Portobello Road, to replace Council block that are being demolished..
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: