Just wanted to say hi

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 June 2004 1.50pm
Hi

I came across this forum while looking for a pub guide, and thought it looks like a pretty cool idea for people from the same area to help each other out,

Im 24 I live in Shad Thames, and I used to work at the Hi Fi shop Sound Hound in brewery Square next to Cluttons and the Anchor Tap anyone remember it before it closed?

well just wanted to make my 1st post

hope to get to know you all

cheers
Monday 7 June 2004 2.05pm
Ah yes, I remember Sound Hound. Why did it close? Come to think of it, why did its predecesser (Essentials food store) close?

Is the site jinxed? or does the landlord impose high rents?

Another big mystery: ever since I can remember there has been a bookmaker on the Piazza, yet I have never seen it open. Is it really a front for something far more seedy?
Monday 7 June 2004 2.11pm
It's the local branch of estate agents anonymous. Deep cover.
Monday 7 June 2004 2.28pm
Yeah Sound Hound closed down cos we were a bunch of lazy turds lol, that used to sit around watching films and closing early to get drunk, no real structure

its gonna be an estate agents (douglas and Gordan) another 1 i know lol

and i would have thought a conveinience store would have done really well

as for the betting shop Ive never seen it open either, never in 3 years weird
Monday 7 June 2004 8.45pm
Hi Antony,
Just read your message, there are a few pubs situated on Tooley Street which are ok, the one I tend to go to the most is The Camel, opp City Hall and Tower Bridge. Relaxing atmosphere, good drink specials and if you like sport they show most major events..... The Bridge House on Tower Bridge road is also pretty good!

Cheers
Wednesday 9 June 2004 5.40pm
The betting shop is still paying rent to the landlords and whilst they are getting it they are happy. Not good for the appearance of the piazza though.
Wednesday 9 June 2004 5.50pm
I've always found the betting shop more than a little strange, as other people have mentioned I don't think that I've ever seen it open either (and I've been living in Shad Thames since 1998).

It's a real pity that Sound Hound is turning into yet another estate agent. I really have a problem with it as, just because other folk are now deciding that Tower Bridge is a good place to move into the estate agents decide to move in thereby taking another potentially useful shop and turning it into something that the residents have absolutely no use for. Why not let something useful, like the book shop that was kicked out to make way for Starbucks , get the lease....
Wednesday 9 June 2004 6.18pm
They will have to get planning permission for change of use if it is to be an estate agent. I checked the planning department online file about a month ago and there was no sign of any application. We as local residents should make it known to the planners that we are fed up with estate agents and coffee shops. The Piazza is a disaster now. It used to be pleasant with the bookshop, essentials, the poster shop and other interesting shops. Hopefully one day it will backfire on the landlords but in the meantime it is a great waste.
Wednesday 9 June 2004 6.42pm
no its definately gonna be an estate agents as douglas and gordon have the keys, i know because ive been trying to get the mail, such as my stuff and t3 mags lol

as for the plaza

i dont know why they dont have some entertainment in the square or some little stalls, like the hays galleria

Starbucks should never have got a license, what next a mc donalds? i remember the bookshop, and cluttons used to be a shop called stitches and daughters that sold all sorts, i still have two fans and a stone doorstops from there lol
Wednesday 9 June 2004 6.45pm
Hi Anthony
Thanks - you must remember me - I used to have the travel business!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: