Literacy or Litter?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 23 April 2012 11.03am
100,000 bookmarks from a helicopter?
I'm not sure about this idea at all.
What do fellow SE1-ers think about this.
Monday 23 April 2012 12.39pm
"And, as has been the case with every Rain of Poems so far, we guarantee that there will not be a single poem left once the half an hour is over."

If they clear up as they say they will, what's the problem?

Is the threat of unregulated poetry so great? Will our councillors be finding novel interpretations of any planning legislation to protect us from this terrible threat?

It's unnatural. I never got showered with poems from a helicopter, and it didn't do me any harm.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 23 April 2012 1.25pm
Try anything once I say.
Monday 23 April 2012 1.45pm
I'll get the gear on, and I'll be right round, Jackie.

The man on reception might not be able to hear me say my name when I've got the full face mask on, but if you just tell him there'll be a bloke arriving in head to toe PVC, sounding a little out of breath, and ask him to let me in, that should work just fine.

Monday 23 April 2012 3.37pm
I hope they're using recycled paper. And recycling the leftovers.
Monday 23 April 2012 3.56pm
Guy's street wrote:
I hope they're using recycled paper. And recycling the leftovers.

Surely they will be gold embossed leather bookmarks?
Monday 23 April 2012 5.18pm
Thanks a bunch Ivanhoe for the offer...I naturally meant you should try being showered with poetry. but your suggestion gives rise to flights of the imagination undreamed of...
Tuesday 24 April 2012 5.35pm
as a poet myself, I think that anything that brings a little poetry into peoples' lives can't be a bad thing.
Wednesday 25 April 2012 9.34am
I think you're missing the point, Auntie Pat.

Poetry may well be alright in, say, Mayfair, but just think what might happen if the poor feckless people of SE1 are exposed to these....these....these...words.

Poets use all sorts of words, some of them entirely unsuitable for the type of people that we have in SE1. They force them on unsuspecting people with no thought of the effect they will have. Sometimes they don't even use punctuation. The next thing you know people are breaking and entering my architect-designed luxury apartment to steal things to sell to get dictionaries.

Poetry is no friend of property prices, and should be stamped on until all that is left is a bloody pulp.

Wednesday 25 April 2012 9.44am
Ivanhoe wrote:
I think you're missing the point, Auntie Pat.
Poetry may well be alright in, say, Mayfair, but just think what might happen if the poor feckless people of SE1 are exposed to these....these....these...words.

Poets use all sorts of words, some of them entirely unsuitable for the type of people that we have in SE1. They force them on unsuspecting people with no thought of the effect they will have. Sometimes they don't even use punctuation. The next thing you know people are breaking and entering my architect-designed luxury apartment to steal things to sell to get dictionaries.

Poetry is no friend of property prices, and should be stamped on until all that is left is a bloody pulp.

and that's why it should be decriminalised,no brainer.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: