Literacy or Litter?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
graham Monday 23 April 2012 11.03am
100,000 bookmarks from a helicopter?
I'm not sure about this idea at all.
What do fellow SE1-ers think about this.

Ivanhoe Monday 23 April 2012 12.39pm
"And, as has been the case with every Rain of Poems so far, we guarantee that there will not be a single poem left once the half an hour is over."

If they clear up as they say they will, what's the problem?

Is the threat of unregulated poetry so great? Will our councillors be finding novel interpretations of any planning legislation to protect us from this terrible threat?

It's unnatural. I never got showered with poems from a helicopter, and it didn't do me any harm.

...if you press it, they will come.
jackie rokotnitz Monday 23 April 2012 1.25pm
Try anything once I say.
Ivanhoe Monday 23 April 2012 1.45pm
I'll get the gear on, and I'll be right round, Jackie.

The man on reception might not be able to hear me say my name when I've got the full face mask on, but if you just tell him there'll be a bloke arriving in head to toe PVC, sounding a little out of breath, and ask him to let me in, that should work just fine.

Guy's street Monday 23 April 2012 3.37pm
I hope they're using recycled paper. And recycling the leftovers.
phoney Monday 23 April 2012 3.56pm
Guy's street wrote:
I hope they're using recycled paper. And recycling the leftovers.

Surely they will be gold embossed leather bookmarks?
jackie rokotnitz Monday 23 April 2012 5.18pm
Thanks a bunch Ivanhoe for the offer...I naturally meant you should try being showered with poetry. but your suggestion gives rise to flights of the imagination undreamed of...
Auntie Pat Tuesday 24 April 2012 5.35pm
as a poet myself, I think that anything that brings a little poetry into peoples' lives can't be a bad thing.
Ivanhoe Wednesday 25 April 2012 9.34am
I think you're missing the point, Auntie Pat.

Poetry may well be alright in, say, Mayfair, but just think what might happen if the poor feckless people of SE1 are exposed to these....these....these...words.

Poets use all sorts of words, some of them entirely unsuitable for the type of people that we have in SE1. They force them on unsuspecting people with no thought of the effect they will have. Sometimes they don't even use punctuation. The next thing you know people are breaking and entering my architect-designed luxury apartment to steal things to sell to get dictionaries.

Poetry is no friend of property prices, and should be stamped on until all that is left is a bloody pulp.

boroughonian Wednesday 25 April 2012 9.44am
Ivanhoe wrote:
I think you're missing the point, Auntie Pat.
Poetry may well be alright in, say, Mayfair, but just think what might happen if the poor feckless people of SE1 are exposed to these....these....these...words.

Poets use all sorts of words, some of them entirely unsuitable for the type of people that we have in SE1. They force them on unsuspecting people with no thought of the effect they will have. Sometimes they don't even use punctuation. The next thing you know people are breaking and entering my architect-designed luxury apartment to steal things to sell to get dictionaries.

Poetry is no friend of property prices, and should be stamped on until all that is left is a bloody pulp.

and that's why it should be decriminalised,no brainer.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions