Mobile phone reception problems

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 April 2012 7.32pm
Is anyone else having mobile phone reception problems? At the moment my phone is receiving no reception at home near Blackfriars Road/ Southwark Tube station.
It works fine outside/ away from home, but when I get back inside it cuts off. This has only started happening today!
Monday 23 April 2012 11.17pm
There may be reduced coverage on your network, if a cell site or tower is out of action it can cause problems for indoor coverage. Or something like a structure has gone up somewhere, which is causing interference. Check with your network online - most have coverage maps showing real time issues (Three and O2) certainly do.

Yesterday was shocking - I wonder if the networks put anything in place to deal with the added people in town.... Took over ten minutes for a text to send. I'm going to get out my yogurt pots and string in time for July.
Tuesday 24 April 2012 12.13am
I had problems earlier last week- I checked the 02 web-site and it said that it was doing changes to the mast? That was last week though-so should be done by now
Tuesday 24 April 2012 8.57am
Thanks for the replies and suggestions, seems to have started working again!
will check out mobile website next time.
Tuesday 24 April 2012 9.26am
What network are you on? I was round that area last night not long before you posted this and I couldn't get any signal either on vodafone.
Tuesday 24 April 2012 10.06am
Well this is very odd. My husband's on Vodaphone and his battery keeps draining and he can't make calls. This started on Sunday afternoon. He assumed it was just him, but obviously not. What is interesting is that we live in Quadrant House in Burrell Street and the MDU offices at 230 Blackfriars Road, which we adjoin, had new T-Mobile aerials installed on their roof on Saturday and Sunday. The guys who carried out the work said they were installing more powerful equipment. I don't profess to understand the technology involved in trasmiitting and receiving mobile signals, so does anyone else think this could have something to do with it? If so, and it's affecting who knows how many people, what can we do?
Tuesday 24 April 2012 2.27pm
In Tooley Street office my own Vodafone mobile has no reception unless I go near window but even then it comes an goes, there one minute gone the next.
My T-Mobile work mobile phone has full bar strength everywhere.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: