Latest Olympic travel information for London Bridge, Southwark and Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 April 2012 11.02pm
Are they nuts?
All these stations are majorly overcrowded already, all we get is a warning it's going to be worse? Oh good! That will help.

So, anyone know any good cheap gaffs somewhere sunny abroad this summer as I will have to close down business in London for two months with no compensation as ever.

Don't want to fly because of the abusive security so figuring on driving. All reasonably priced sunny beach suggestions two to three days drive from Dunkirk gratefully received.
Tuesday 24 April 2012 10.24am
Everywhere will be 'exceptionally busy.' I wonder how much that statement of the obvious cost.
Tuesday 24 April 2012 11.21am
The opening sporting event will be women's football, GB vs New Zealand, in Cardiff. I can barely contain my excitement.
Tuesday 24 April 2012 11.36am
Pieces of Eight wrote:
The opening sporting event will be women's football, GB vs New Zealand, in Cardiff. I can barely contain my excitement.
To be honest, I watched a few games in the women's Word Cup final last year and it was pretty excitig stuff.
Tuesday 24 April 2012 12.31pm
Driving down the M1 last Saturday evening there was a whole series of illuminated signs saying

FOR OLYMPIC EVENTS
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
ARRIVE ON TIME
So what is the problem?

mickmac
Wednesday 25 April 2012 9.24pm
Michael Place wrote:
Driving down the M1 last Saturday evening there was a whole series of illuminated signs saying
FOR OLYMPIC EVENTS
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
ARRIVE ON TIME
So what is the problem?
So start walking three days in advance?
Zoe
Thursday 26 April 2012 6.53pm
Do you think it's all a bit of an over reaction and it won't be as bad as expected? It's hard to know on these things.
Thursday 26 April 2012 7.52pm
off to France during the games...thank goodness
Sunday 29 April 2012 5.26pm
It's been diabolical for some time at the week-ends at London Bridge, arriving at London Bridge via train there was no taxi rank outside still, and the only way to get one was to go down escalator to Tooley Street and haul myself into a taxi without the benefit of any kerb to give me a bit of a lift in!

The journey back to here was horrendous, borough high street was closed off, the tailback from tower bridge road had to be seen to be believed, despite the driver taking various short cuts, it was five pounds more expensive than normal and twice as long ...

The driver willingly accepted me giving him two pounds short.. bless him.

The driver said that when the Olympics start he's taking his holidays...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: