London Dungeon to quit Tooley Street for County Hall by Christmas

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 25 April 2012 6.20pm
Good riddance...but, the patch of land between the London Eye and Westminster Bridge is a hideous overcrowded tourist hell- add the London Dungeon queues and it will become THE place to avoid in London
Wednesday 25 April 2012 6.26pm
I won't miss fighting the crowd to get along tooley street

Although I will miss seeing the dungeon employees covered in blood with an arm hanging off, doing their shopping in tesco.
Wednesday 25 April 2012 6.37pm
dont worry there are still the other lot across the road!
Wednesday 25 April 2012 11.13pm
What you think of the London dungeon is irrelevant, itís, the fact its moving because Tooly street is going to have its Historic character destroyed therefor its no longer a suitable location for a visitor attraction based on history. Thatís not good news.and very bad for the area.
Wednesday 25 April 2012 11.32pm
Is the dungeon in any way authentic?
Wednesday 25 April 2012 11.47pm
Hardly the point ,
It was an atmospheric location.
Wednesday 25 April 2012 11.59pm
I think it's a shame,it worked that it was in the vicinity of the clink.
What postcode is county hall?
Thursday 26 April 2012 7.21am
Last year, I finally visited the London Dungeon - only because I was invited by a friend, who had some complimentary tickets. For the advertised price [with +VAT in small print] I would have expected something much more spectacular and I can but imagine that the majority of visitors leave feeling ripped-off.

Quite why it became such a popular attraction, I will never understand. I will not be sorry to see it go and I look forward to being able to walk along that section of Tooley Street without having to negotiate the badly managed queues.
Thursday 26 April 2012 7.25am
Julia7239 wrote:
Is the dungeon in any way authentic?

They found one of the skeleton's was real a few month's ago!
Thursday 26 April 2012 12.53pm
I am pleased it is going - it brings nothing good to the area.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: