Peruvian Food

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Lin Monday 7 June 2004 8.01pm
I had a nice meal at the Peruvuan place just under London Bridge.
Friendly and rather reasonable in price. Just wanted to share that wif all of you. I cant rem the name though, but it worked out to be abt 10-15 pds per head
bloke Tuesday 8 June 2004 1.15pm
When you say "under London Bridge" how close do you mean? There's a place on Tooley Street (Fina Estampe?). It's not that one is it? What did you eat? Any vegetarian choices?
pockettiger Tuesday 8 June 2004 1.53pm
I went to Fina Estampa recently and thought it was excellent; lots of vegetarian choices - they will make up most of the meat dishes with a meat substitute on request. The staff were really friendly and the bar where you hang out having a pre/post-dinner drink is so comfy you almost don't want to move.
Ivanhoe Tuesday 8 June 2004 2.12pm
And I bet you didn't tell THEM they reminded you of pork dipping!

...if you press it, they will come.
pockettiger Tuesday 8 June 2004 2.39pm
Somehow it didn't come up...
Ivanhoe Thursday 10 June 2004 12.55pm
Could have been worse, I suppose. You could have said "pork dRipping"!

bloke Friday 11 June 2004 10.03am
Not sure about using a "meat substitute". What's wrong with vegetables? I think I'd be really miffed if I was served up Quorn™ Madras or something in a curry house. Does this happen anywhere else?
Tharg, drinker of Pervy Friday 11 June 2004 10.11am
Well bloke, quorn instead of meat as a vegetarian option isn't quite right I agree, but this being a South American restaurant, I think you're being very optimistic if you expect any vegetarian option at all.
Siduhe Friday 11 June 2004 10.15am
Bloke,

I think Lin means Tito's - it is just literally next to London Bridge station, off Borough High Street, by the post office. I haven't been for a while, but it was nice - not masses of choice, but a good fun place to eat with friends.

See http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=237

Ivanhoe Friday 11 June 2004 10.38am
Yes, I'd forgotten that we seem to have a monopoly on Peruvian restaurants in SE1

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions