Peruvian Food

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 7 June 2004 9.01pm
I had a nice meal at the Peruvuan place just under London Bridge.
Friendly and rather reasonable in price. Just wanted to share that wif all of you. I cant rem the name though, but it worked out to be abt 10-15 pds per head
Tuesday 8 June 2004 2.15pm
When you say "under London Bridge" how close do you mean? There's a place on Tooley Street (Fina Estampe?). It's not that one is it? What did you eat? Any vegetarian choices?
Tuesday 8 June 2004 2.53pm
I went to Fina Estampa recently and thought it was excellent; lots of vegetarian choices - they will make up most of the meat dishes with a meat substitute on request. The staff were really friendly and the bar where you hang out having a pre/post-dinner drink is so comfy you almost don't want to move.
Tuesday 8 June 2004 3.12pm
And I bet you didn't tell THEM they reminded you of pork dipping!

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 8 June 2004 3.39pm
Somehow it didn't come up...
Thursday 10 June 2004 1.55pm
Could have been worse, I suppose. You could have said "pork dRipping"!

Friday 11 June 2004 11.03am
Not sure about using a "meat substitute". What's wrong with vegetables? I think I'd be really miffed if I was served up Quorn™ Madras or something in a curry house. Does this happen anywhere else?
Friday 11 June 2004 11.11am
Well bloke, quorn instead of meat as a vegetarian option isn't quite right I agree, but this being a South American restaurant, I think you're being very optimistic if you expect any vegetarian option at all.
Friday 11 June 2004 11.15am

I think Lin means Tito's - it is just literally next to London Bridge station, off Borough High Street, by the post office. I haven't been for a while, but it was nice - not masses of choice, but a good fun place to eat with friends.

Friday 11 June 2004 11.38am
Yes, I'd forgotten that we seem to have a monopoly on Peruvian restaurants in SE1

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: