Street Food In Bermondsey Sq tonight..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 27 April 2012 2.24pm
Hey just thought I'd highlight there's the StockMKT thing in Bermondsey Square tonight:

http://www.thestockmkt.com/

Last one was quite good if rather chilly.

No connection. Just annoyed at their lack of advertising last time - came across it by chance. And again this time they seem to have been a bit crap too.

But some good people there. Hurrah. I would like to see it happen a bit more regularly.
Friday 27 April 2012 2.32pm
This looks like fun....will stop in later tonight
Friday 27 April 2012 7.37pm
It was packed when I was just down there. Long queues for all the food stalls. The band were great. Really good atmosphere, all the kids dancing. Hope they do it again. Lovely use of the square.
Saturday 28 April 2012 2.35pm
...and it remained packed until the end, shortly after 10pm. The stalls were all good, not just the food stalls and the whole event was great - with not a drop of rain!

Excellent use of the Square and they hope to have another one in June!
Monday 30 April 2012 9.12am
Absolutely rammed. Enjoyed it, and had some good food. Bit disconcerted to be hit by little people on scooters twice as they screamed around the place unsupervised. No damage done, thankfully. It is a good use of the space.
Monday 30 April 2012 9.36am
I went round, quickly escaped the creaming kids and long queues. Somehow it reminded me of last week's episode of the Apprentice about Gourmet Street food. Some food looked suspiciously like reheated pre-cooked(such as Scotch eggs). Only a handful of stalls were selling non-food items.
I am fed up being sold food, can't we get proper markets selling original products. I was surprised that shops on Bermondsey street would not have jumped at the opportunity to keep their shops open and steal a few customers from that non-event.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: