New Tesco Express?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 30 April 2012 12.32am
So, there's an article on tap about a new Tesco Express in SE1 -- where do you guys think it is? The corner of NKR and Harper Road...blah. I could see Tesco wanting to open a shop there to benefit from the huge new Harper Square flats...and future Heygate flats. Ideas?

Related news & features

Monday 30 April 2012 9.10am
Great Maze Pond, if I were a betting man.
Monday 30 April 2012 10.04am
Great opportunity for Waitrose Little format....but I suppose it wont happen
Monday 30 April 2012 12.47pm
Where @LongLane? A waitrose on NKR/Harper?
Monday 30 April 2012 1.24pm
I'm not sure to be honest, next to the McD?

I only guess as I'm pretty sure I saw it mooted on the twitter feed some time ago.

I could be completely wrong of course.
Monday 30 April 2012 1.51pm
Here's the recent story mentioning a possible new Tesco at Great Maze Pond
Monday 30 April 2012 10.29pm
The ground floor of the new block on the corner of NKR and Harper Road is definitely retail, according to the plans/images I've seen of the development. I would be happy with anything but another Tesco. A Co-op or Waitrose would be miles more preferable.
Monday 30 April 2012 11.59pm
Definitely agree -- I'd even prefer a Sainsbury's Local to another Tesco Express, but a co-op 24/hour would be nice. That seems like a MONEY space given the pending construction of thousands of new flats across the road.
Tuesday 1 May 2012 7.05pm
Yes, I can see the development having a knock-on effect on the NKR. Whether this means we'll have more than takeaways and barber shops, who knows? Foxtons (spit) were leafleting looking for flats on the NKR for commercial clients, so something is in the air.
Tuesday 1 May 2012 7.08pm
Anything better than another of those angry Tesco stores.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: