Builder/handyman recommendation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 April 2012 1.28pm
We have recently used Paul Nelson to do a piece of work on a ceiling in our flat. He did an excellent job and was hard-working, efficient and professional at all times. My husband and I thought his charges were very reasonable too. Paul's contact email is:

Paul Nelson
Tel: 02074077542
Tel: 07946739465
Email: nelsonsdecorating@googlemail.com
Wednesday 5 September 2012 4.10pm
I just spoke to Paul regarding some work I need doing at one of our business premises, however he is more on the decorating side of things.

Can anybody recommend a builder who can do more complex handyman tasks? I did ring Mariusz to come and quote but am still waiting for him to ring back.
Wednesday 5 September 2012 5.26pm
Call Ernest on 0800677 1140 or 07983 624615. Thoroughly recommended. He ripped out and re-installed a bathroom for me recently. He can do all sorts.

He's just left The Handy Squad and is going it alone. He's just got his own website I gather www.door2doorhandyman.com. He's local too. Very nice chap.

No connection other than a happy customer.
Monday 10 September 2012 7.18pm
La Martinet wrote:
Call Ernest on 0800677 1140 or 07983 624615. Thoroughly recommended. He ripped out and re-installed a bathroom for me recently. He can do all sorts.
He's just left The Handy Squad and is going it alone. He's just got his own website I gather www.door2doorhandyman.com. He's local too. Very nice chap.

No connection other than a happy customer.

I wouldn’t bother with him; he's not very professional in my opinion. I emailed Ernest to enquire if he does tiling and he answered very promptly to say he did. As he requested, I told him what work I would like done and left my contact details, but he did not answer. I emailed him again and still no response. I would have thought he could manage 3/4 days work replacing 10sq mtrs of tiles, new sink and worktop and changing a toilet cistern from push button to a handle – obviously too choosy!
Thursday 4 October 2012 2.54pm
I am still struggling. There seems to be a real shortage of decent maintenance people. Again, any ideas would be great.
Thursday 4 October 2012 4.48pm
Don't know if these people can help you but it might be worth a try.

http://www.handysquad.com

I've not used them myself but they were recommended many moons ago on this forum.
Sunday 2 December 2012 2.18pm
We have just had a new kitchen and bathroom fitted. I can highly recommend Protea Homefix. Covering east and southeast London. They were reliable, hard working and got the job done on time and to a fixed quotation. They have done a great job.

Call Robbie on 07878 685105. Also via www.proteahomefix.co.uk

No connection. Just a very satisfied customer. Highly recommended

I am happy to provide references and photos of work done if needed !
Thursday 20 June 2013 8.49pm
ring Mark at my london handyman 07872633313 www.mylondonhandyman.co.uk

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: