Polling station changes - no notice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 3 May 2012 9.15am
As expected I haven't received a polling card and so I am unaware that polling station boundaries have been redrawn. Where previously I voted at the village hall in Leather Market gardens I now had to go down Grange road.

I am angry as this lack of notification made me late for work. I also think some people may not vote because of this. Lastly I could almost see my old polling station living in City Walk and now the new one is a mile away (?) . Democracy is worth the walk, I just think the redraw is half-arsed (excuse the language).
Thursday 3 May 2012 9.58am
Got my polling card notice but didn't check where I should cast the vote....just assumed it was the same place as lasrt time (Leathermarket Gardens Village Hall). Will check tonight when I do go to vote...but will be mightily annoyed if I have to go down to Grange Road too.
Thursday 3 May 2012 10.17am
urbanite wrote:
Got my polling card notice but didn't check where I should cast the vote....just assumed it was the same place as lasrt time (Leathermarket Gardens Village Hall). Will check tonight when I do go to vote...but will be mightily annoyed if I have to go down to Grange Road too.

It's actually called Bermondsey Village Hall but yes it is still our polling station.
Thursday 3 May 2012 10.19am
Why didn't you receive a polling card? You say you didn't expect to? Is this because of the known problems with the post or another reason?
Thursday 3 May 2012 10.46am
Guy's street wrote:
Why didn't you receive a polling card? You say you didn't expect to? Is this because of the known problems with the post or another reason?
Due to the post here in SE1
Thursday 3 May 2012 11.02am
MiltonF wrote:
Guy's street wrote:
Why didn't you receive a polling card? You say you didn't expect to? Is this because of the known problems with the post or another reason?
Due to the post here in SE1

You should move to Tower Hamlets, you'll get five of them. Or get a postal vote in Tower Hamlets, somebody will helpfully come round and post the vote for you!
Thursday 3 May 2012 11.31am
Guy's street wrote:
Why didn't you receive a polling card? You say you didn't expect to? Is this because of the known problems with the post or another reason?
It's because of the terrible post here.
Thursday 3 May 2012 12.35pm
I agree, the delivery 'service' is appalling in City Walk [and elsewhere] - but I received mine at Hestia House a couple of weeks ago, as did my neighbours.

The new Polling Station is not that far away. I did a round trip in 15 minutes.
Thursday 3 May 2012 12.50pm
I know it is not really for this topic, but I've never really noticed a problem with the post in the area since the strikes a couple of years ago.
Thursday 3 May 2012 12.51pm
one man 5 votes in bethnal green...allegedly
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: