Another car crash in Bermondsey st tunnell

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 5 May 2012 6.52am
I see that another car crashed headlong into the stone bollard in Bermondsey St tunnel this week. This is the third crash since September at the same spot that I have noticed (I saw the first one first hand!). The plastic casing that sits on top of the stone is missing again, so its just a lump of roch sitting in the road. The bollard serves no purpose and needs to removed!
Saturday 5 May 2012 7.01am
Excuse the typo in the heading!
Saturday 5 May 2012 9.05am
If a driver can't miss that they shouldn't be on the road. More of them please!
Saturday 5 May 2012 12.38pm
I'm certainly not against any form of traffic calming measures beetroot, but in this case its in a dark tunnel, it made of dark rock and it has lost its plastic casing which is meant to be lit up. I find it strange that you are dismissive of this when it has already caused three head on collisions. It either needs to be properly repaired with the plastic light box reinstated or it needs to be removed completely.
Saturday 5 May 2012 5.51pm
Having just been through the tunnel I see that both bollards are entirely within the cycle lane, making these three nutjobs even more of a danger. Lucky there were no innocent victims in these collisions.
Sunday 6 May 2012 8.57am
The plastic casing is now back on and lit up
Sunday 6 May 2012 11.52am
Scott77 wrote:
I'm certainly not against any form of traffic calming measures beetroot, but in this case its in a dark tunnel, it made of dark rock and it has lost its plastic casing which is meant to be lit up. I find it strange that you are dismissive of this when it has already caused three head on collisions. It either needs to be properly repaired with the plastic light box reinstated or it needs to be removed completely.

Maybe I'm missing something here, I admit that I'm not completely au fait with the road layout in the tunnel, but I thought that Bermondsey Street was one way from White's Grounds to Tooley Street, so how were there three head-on collisions?
Or did you mean that the vehicles had hit the bollard head-on?
Sunday 6 May 2012 12.22pm
Debrajoan wrote:
Scott77 wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here, I admit that I'm not completely au fait with the road layout in the tunnel, but I thought that Bermondsey Street was one way from White's Grounds to Tooley Street, so how were there three head-on collisions?
Or did you mean that the vehicles had hit the bollard head-on?

I'm pretty sure the only bits of Bermondsey St. that are not one-way are the tiny bit between Leathermarket St. and Tanner St. and the section south of Long Lane/Abbey St. leading to Tower Bridge Rd.

What is certain though is that the tunnel is one-way. So you must be right in thinking the 'head on collision' is between a driver and the bollard... which is in the cycle lane... on a one way street... and we're supposed to think the driver is a victim...
Monday 7 May 2012 9.00am
Scott77 wrote:
...its just a lump of roch sitting in the road. The bollard serves no purpose...!

Darwinism?
Zoe
Monday 7 May 2012 9.23am
I'm with Scott on this, unless there's something reflective people don't see stuff like this. Drivers are stupid, so we need to design roads that take this into account.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: