Looking for local people who are interested in supporting others to live well

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 May 2012 1.40pm
Hello forum members,

We are in the process of designing a new service in Southwark that will help people to manage their health.

We're looking for well-connected local people for part-time, flexible paid work as part of one of our prototype services, Hold Me To It (www.holdmetoit.net).

Hold Me To It uses the potential of people's social networks to make small, positive changes easier to maintain. It supports you to create a new habit and stick to it by asking the people around you to help out when life gets in the way. You can start something new in your own life or get someone you know to try a new routine.

We are recruiting for a small team of 'Agents' whose task will be to connect with people in their community who want to make a change in their lives to improve their health and wellbeing. As an Agent, you will support the people you meet to decide how they can start working on their priority and make it stick by asking people from their own networks to hold them to it. You'll earn £10 for each person who begins using Hold Me To It as a result of your initial introduction, and more if you choose to continue supporting them to maintain their new habit.

Is it for you?

We would love to hear from you if:

- You want to help people you know make small, positive changes in their lives, or
- You are already well-known within your community or workplace and you're looking for a new way to reach out, or
- Your friends tell you that you're a good listener, and you get satisfaction from supporting friends, family or colleagues, or
- You've overcome a challenge yourself and would enjoy using your experience to support others do the same. For example, you might have quit smoking, improved your diet, maintained a healthy weight or transformed your work-life balance.

Getting involved

We will be running and developing the service over the next few months. If you would like to put yourself forward as an Agent Keeper, please get in touch soon as possible. Equally, if you know someone or a group of people who might be interested, please pass this message on and see if they’d like to take part.

Contact: Kate Burn, kateb@participle.net, 020 7089 6961, www.participle.net

Hold Me To It is part of a project called Social Health which is being run in Southwark by a local Social Enterprise called Participle (www.participle.net) in a partnership that includes Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity, (www.gsttcharity.org.uk). Much of what we have developed so far is based on what we've learned from conversations with people from this forum, as well as input from other local individuals, groups and professionals.
Friday 11 May 2012 3.29pm
The telephone number stated above is no longer correct, so if you are interested in taking part in Hold Me To It, please give me a call on 0207 089 6950

I'll look forward to hearing from you!
Kate

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: