New Tyre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 May 2012 9.26pm
Anywhere in SE1 I can go for replacement tyre (just had a puncture) that wont cost an arm and a leg?

Trying to avoid kwik-fit etc.
Tuesday 15 May 2012 10.15pm
Depends on how much you want to spend. Personally, I venture just outside of SE1 down to Silwood Street (off of Rotherhithe New Road) in SE16. I'm not sure of the name or precise address but there is only one tyre outlet down there - it is about three quarters of the way down on the right-hand side. I've been there a few times over the years.

You can pick up very good part worn (fitted while you wait) tyres for upwards of 8. I had three very good part worns put on my car for about 30 a few months back. No connection with this place; just a satisfied customer.
Zoe
Wednesday 16 May 2012 6.49am
I looked up the best quote on the Internet, printed it off and got Kwikfit to match it. The guys in there are quite nice, but it might depend on who's on that day.
Wednesday 16 May 2012 7.55am
There's Universal Tyres in Union Street too...not sure how competitive they are but no harm in asking I guess.
Wednesday 16 May 2012 1.19pm
Mad House Tyres on Albany Street off Old Kent Road opposite Tesco click here
Wednesday 16 May 2012 2.38pm
There is only one place - Mad House tyres!!! They do a puncture repair for about five quid and it takes less than ten minutes. Brilliant place and you get to support a local independent business. Mad.
Wednesday 16 May 2012 11.53pm
I always used JetTyres in Hercules Road, they were quick and efficient and Michelins on a taxi were quite a reasonable price.
No idea how they compare price wise on a civilian's vehicle though.
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with Kwik Fit?
Thursday 17 May 2012 9.38am
The owner is/was a massive Conservative party donor.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: