Undelivered Package - Lost? Reward offered, please help!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 17 May 2012 6.23pm
Hi

many have posted about the poor, actually appalling postal service in SE1.

We wonder if you could help us

On 28th April 2012 a package, arrived the previous day from Germany, was 'due for delivery' as confirmed by Royal Mail themselves. Unfortunately it was never delivered and they now say it's lost but 'offer no compensation'

Could anyone help, in case it's been delivered to the wrong address?

It was slightly bigger than a A4 letter, from Germany and addressed to a private address in SE1 near Waterloo, and has a tracking number RG795561648DE. Please forgive us if we dont provide more details but we'd be happy to, if you contact us with information.

Many thanks - we would be grateful and keen to reward the person who can locate this package.
Saturday 19 May 2012 8.20pm
Pursue them about the compensation.
I just received today a letter posted in London in December last year but this is a slim hope and I'm sorry, I know exactly how you feel.
Saturday 19 May 2012 10.41pm
Immediate neighbours aside, you could try leafleting addresses similar to yours, eg 34 if you're 43, and do the same transposition for the last two letters of the postcode.

Also, if the envelope was handwritten think that a German 1 can look like a 7, while their crossed 7 could be mistaken for say a 4 or 9.

That could affect street number and/or postcode. So a fair few permutations to work through. But it's possible someone signed for it in error and, London being London, just hasn't done anything else about it.
Sunday 20 May 2012 7.57am
It's the sender who has to claim for compensation not the recipient. This might be what they mean when they tell you that they offer no compensation.

All signed for international mail being sent from the UK comes with a certain amount of insurance. It seems likely that the same is true in Germany, but you'd have to get the sender to lodge a complaint in Germany.

Here's the relevant quote from Royal Mail's website:

Quote:
International claims for loss and damage
Please note that we are only able to deal with claims where the item was posted with Royal Mail. If an item has been posted with or handled by another postal operator, or sent from outside of the UK, it will not be eligible for compensation from Royal Mail.

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/personal-customers/refunds-and-compensation/claims-process
Tuesday 22 May 2012 10.24am
Thanks everyone

we've done some flyers and put them in neighbouring mail boxes..

True Royal Mail claims when a package is sent from abroad, the sender has to complain, which we've asked to do..

Still, it doesn't change the fact that Royal Mail told us they RECEIVED the package, put it on a van for delivery and subsequently LOST IT.

it's pathetic - unbelievably frustrating because they offer such a poor, poor service. So much for a royal warrant!
Tuesday 22 May 2012 11.09am
Any pretensions of a quality service ended when the Passport Office stopped using Royal Mail.
Tuesday 22 May 2012 11.18am
graham wrote:
Any pretensions of a quality service ended when the Passport Office stopped using Royal Mail.

Which reminds me, back in september, my husband's passport was also MISSING for nearly three weeks on a NEXT DAY delivery by.. the very same SE1 Royal Mail.
Tuesday 22 May 2012 11.23am
Just don't know why anyone uses it now unless you are forced to....its sooooo unrelaible. Persoanlly I'd be considering calling the Police if RM say they had it then they "lost" it....compensation is 1 thing but getting satisfaction is another.
Tuesday 22 May 2012 11.30am
that is what we'll do actually once the number of days they 'require' to officially say it's lost is over!
Tuesday 22 May 2012 1.09pm
If they confirmed they had the package here in SE1 you need to complain to MOYA GREEnE CEO of the Royal Mail

moya.greene@royalmail.com
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: