Application for new wine bar in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 18 May 2012 12.17pm
I've just had a planning application through regarding another wine bar planned for 177 Bermondsey St, directly next door to Village East.

"Change of use of ground floor and basement from a retail unit (A1) to a cafe/wine bar (A3/A4), together with the installation of new timber framed shopfront at ground floor, new door to Newmans Row elevation and the installation of air conditioning and kitchen extraction equipment"

I knew they were doing works there but not for another bar in the street. I also noticed fliers all over the shop front on Friday for some a club night which does concern me.

The full application can be found at http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9541697
Friday 18 May 2012 12.23pm
This is the proposed Ticino Cafe linked to the bakery across the road.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 18 May 2012 12.42pm
that looks great....and if anyone has the right to open another cafe on the street its them.
Friday 18 May 2012 12.46pm
I agree, the cafe looks amazing. But is another bar really necessary right next door to Village East?
Friday 18 May 2012 2.39pm
well maybe we could lose Village East...would anyone mind?
Friday 18 May 2012 3.06pm
"well maybe we could lose Village East...would anyone mind?"

God no...
Friday 18 May 2012 3.17pm
That does look great should do some good bread. Would another up-market cafe' / bar really do any harm to BS? I admit if I lived directly on BS, rather than a few minutes off it, I might think differently...

Absolutely take the point about the club night... might get the sort of people who go to Dream Bags Jaguar Shoes and then where would be?

Poor old Village East... it's not that bad!
Friday 18 May 2012 4.07pm
I lover Village East!!! Its a great place
Friday 18 May 2012 7.17pm
The cafe looks really nice and I think Village East will be very happy to have this next door.
I also really like Village East- lovely place!
Friday 18 May 2012 11.57pm
Looks great; fantastic detailing on the presentation included in the planning app. Looks also like they will be selling bread on the ground floor in the cafe.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: