Are you worried about the health of a friend or family member? We can help you help them!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 18 May 2012 5.44pm
Hello forum members,

We are in the process of designing a new service in Southwark that will help people to manage their health.

Are you worried about the health of a friend or family member?

Will it get worse if they don't change... but you're not sure how to support / motivate them?
It's not easy to have a positive influence on your friends and family members.
With Hold Me To It you can learn how to be there for your friends when they struggle to manage their health, get ill or depressed.

We often hear people say:
• I feel too close to make the difference
• I need a different way of approaching it
• They won’t listen to me
• I don’t want to take on all responsibility
• I don’t want to damage our relationship

Hold Me To It (www.holdmetoit.net) uses the potential of people's social networks to make small, positive changes easier to maintain. It supports you to create a new habit and stick to it by asking the people around you to help out when life gets in the way. You can use it with someone you care about to support them with maintaining healthy habits or with trying a new routine.

What does Hold Me To It do?

Hold Me To It provides you with practical tools and advice to help you:
• offer your support to the person you care about
• make and sustain a change together
• approach difficult conversations with them
• remind, track, listen and encourage them
• not get overwhelmed yourself
• feel confident you’re doing the right thing

Are you interested?
For more information and signing up - get in touch with Kate or Busayo on 0207 089 6962.

Hold Me To It is part of a project called Social Health which is being run in Southwark by a local Social Enterprise called Participle (www.participle.net) in a partnership that includes Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity, (www.gsttcharity.org.uk). Much of what we have developed so far is based on what we've learned from conversations with people from this forum, as well as input from other local individuals, groups and professionals.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: