Incessant beeping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 19 May 2012 12.35am
Any idea where this beeping is coming from? I've heard it since about 8pm and know it has been heard as far as union st. I suspect it is from the shard, but seems to sound equally as near wherever you are.
Saturday 19 May 2012 12.38am
I was wondering what it was too (Snowsfields, near The Rose ).
Saturday 19 May 2012 12.40am
:) i was looking in my kitchen then I went to the square than the street... Finally I reached the shard.. It seems to come
From there and yes.. to follow you where ever you go..
Saturday 19 May 2012 1.43am
I am at tower bridge rd end of se1, I can hear it here too.. it is extremely annoying. I rung the environmental health to see if hey could help. Unfortunately they must have entry to the house to see how annoying sound is. Yet if they left the office they would be more than able to hear the noise - confused by the system.... no idea where it is coming from though
Saturday 19 May 2012 7.10am
I walked around the block this morning and couldn't pinpoint the location either. Asked one of the security blokes at the Shard and he said they were trying to locate it, but so far couldn't track it down. It's every 5/6 sec. Must be high up anyway.
Zoe
Saturday 19 May 2012 7.49am
It is loud, I heard it walking down Snowsfield and spent some time looking. It didn't occur to me to walk up to the Shard to check there. Not being on my bike makes everything very slow!

I couldn't hear it further up Snowsfield though, past the hospital.
Saturday 19 May 2012 8.15am
08:15 and loud and clear from Empire Square!
Saturday 19 May 2012 11.04am
It's still ongoing, heard it last night and early this morning, it is VERY loud!
Saturday 19 May 2012 8.44pm
It turned out that the beeping was indeed from The Shard. Apparently some window alarm that had been triggered yesterday and took nearly 24 hours to turn off.

Why an internal alarm at The Shard can be heard beyond Tower Bridge Road and Long Lane remains an unawnsered question......

Complete incompetence...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: