Olympic torch relay in Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 19 May 2012 6.04am
anyone know exactly where and when the relay carrying the Olympic flame will be in Southwark?
Saturday 19 May 2012 7.51am
They are not going to announce the detailed street by street route for the final couple of days of the relay until the very last moment.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Saturday 19 May 2012 9.11am
Well that's not vey helpful.
Saturday 19 May 2012 7.17pm
Yes.
I don't think they are really that worried about terrorists, it's the locals they want to keep out of the picture as much as possible.
Thursday 14 June 2012 10.32am
It's out now... and it looks a funny old route. Wiggles its way from the Globe down to Marshalsea Road then down Great Dover Street, past the lovely Bricklayer's Arms roundabout and down OKR.

Perhaps a shame it misses out the more picturesque bits of Southwark / Bermondsey... many living in north London believe this whole area looks like an eastern European prison...
Thursday 14 June 2012 1.58pm
Probably why there are adverts hanging off the lights from the roundabout at Brickalyers down Old Kent Road. Hope they have planning permission for advertising!!!
Tuesday 19 June 2012 9.45am
Have just clicked on Ivanhoe's link, and noted that according to Southwark Council the torch is going to the "Isle of White"..............
Tuesday 19 June 2012 10.11am
Pops wrote:
Probably why there are adverts hanging off the lights from the roundabout at Brickalyers down Old Kent Road. Hope they have planning permission for advertising!!!
Aha! Wondered why there were banners down Gt Dover St. I think you've solved my mystery, Pops, thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 19 June 2012 1.14pm
eek, it'll be going through camberwell as well. oh dear. must get flags and stuff ready. or maybe not
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: