Parking rules change

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 19 May 2012 12.05pm
The change last week has led to lots of people getting tickets this morning (no parking until 12.30 or 1pm on a Saturday in the area).

I stopped quite a few people from parking (many of whom were surprisingly posh), the signage doesn't seem very good.
Saturday 19 May 2012 2.32pm
Around Burrell Street and Chancel Street last Saturday morning every car parked on a yellow line had a ticket - I counted 45 cars and vans between Burrell Street and the Tescos in Great Suffolk Street. No signage in our street at all, just notices attached to lamp posts for approximately four weeks before the change. If you're only visiting an area, you're unlikely to read notices attached to lamp posts. I certainly don't. Anyone I saw looking bemused because they had a ticket for parking where they've always parked, I suggested they appeal it. Still no signage in our immediate area detailing the new restrictions. There should be consistent rules regarding parking on yellow lines, so that everyone knows where they stand. What Southwark Council has done seems unreasonable, to say the least.
Saturday 19 May 2012 10.40pm
It appears the whole of the C1 Zone will be/is double yellow lines except for some extra residential parking which is now operational from 8.30am to 11pm and some very limited single yellow line sections which will now operate on Saturday morning 8.30 to 12.30. This has affected me because family and friends will not be able to visit as there is no where for them to park - the single yellow line sections are taken from 12.30pm on a Saturday until 8.30 Monday morning. Also, this year residents visitors parking permits have risen from 16 for the first book of 10 to 25. I live near the Borough Market and on a Saturday over the last couple of weeks I have seen loads of cars with tickets.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: