Charity (shop?) that would like shoes?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 May 2012 7.30pm
I've got a few pairs of good quality men's shoes I want to find a new home for. I'm not wearing them and they're taking up space. All are in decent condition; some have been worn very little. Fairly classic styles.

I don't really want the hassle of selling them on eBay, but would like them to go to someone who genuinely wants/needs them. I'm not sure how many charity shops sell men's shoes, or how many people buy shoes in charity shops. I don't especially want to donate them to a shop and then find that they languish on a shelf unsold for years. Any suggestions? Mainly size 9, but some 8.5, FWIW. I'm happy to recycle them, but am not sure if this is the best plan.
Zoe
Monday 21 May 2012 8.16pm
The shops on walworth road will take them and get firstly rapid turnaround of goods.

You could also try freegle, that way you choose who they go to.
Monday 21 May 2012 8.29pm
What about the Manna Centre SE1
http://www.mannasociety.org.uk/?page_id=58
Zoe
Monday 21 May 2012 9.08pm
Ooo, I pass the manna on the way to work, will start dropping things off there. Thanks for the tip!
ADT
Tuesday 22 May 2012 1.49pm
The clothes banks take shoes and will not just 'recycle' them in the sense of recycling bottles. If they are in decent condition they'll be sold on somewhere via a charity shop or otherwise. There is one on Great Dover Street where Tabard Street joins.
Tuesday 22 May 2012 2.56pm
This must be the philanthropic spirit Cameron was talking about,I have a drawer full of old boxers if anyone knows what direction I should point them.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: