GP Recommendations for Bermondsey Spa Medical Practice?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 May 2012 11.55am

Could anyone recommend any really good GPs at Bermondsey Spa Medical Practice?

I am currently registered at New Mill St and was really happy with Dr Bhandari but he has now left (weep!). As I've had a mixed experience with the other GPs at the practice I was thinking about moving to Bermondsey Spa Medical Practice.

Any personal recommendations would be very, very welcome.

Many thanks for your help,

Thursday 24 May 2012 1.49pm
the practice at Bermondsey Spa (the Artesian Centre) is part of the Bermondsey and Lansdowne Mission, and also has a surgery at Decima St. I have been a patient there for 18 years and could not recommend them highly enough. They have a really good bunch of doctors, as well as excellent practice nurses who know their stuff. They do early morning and evening appointments too, for those of you who work.
Thursday 24 May 2012 2.57pm
Oooh thanks Pat! But I think I may be talking about a different practice - I had wanted to go join the Bermondsey and Lansdowne Mission but I am just outside of their cachment area in Shad Thames :-(

From what I understand Bermondsey Spa Medical Practice is the old Parkers Row Practice which has recently been renamed and relocated to Old Jamaica Road. I think they have the following doctors: Dr Shabir Bhatti, Dr Ranjan Das, Dr Ebba Khalil, Dr Tushar Sharma and Dr Natalia Bogatcheva. Can anyone recommend any of those? Thanks!
Thursday 24 May 2012 3.30pm
I thought those catchment area's didn't exist anymore? I agree with Auntie Pat: I highly recommend the Bermondsey and Lansdowne Mission in Decima Street- they are great and very available.
Thursday 24 May 2012 3.59pm
Exactly. I didn't think catchments areas were supposed to exist any more - all I can say is try changing practices! Turns out I'm only eligible for 2 surgeries (New Mill St and BS), even though Bermondsey and Lansdowne Mission is closer to me than Bermondsey Spa. Bit gutted about that.
Friday 25 May 2012 9.23am
I've seen Ebba Khalil a number of times, she is very good (imo).
Sunday 27 May 2012 9.50am
Many thanks everyone. Wish I go to Bermondsey and Lansdowne Mission but I'll definitely check out Ebba Khalil. Thank you! Minnie
Monday 28 May 2012 10.27am
That's my GP, though I haven't seen all of them.

Dr Das is old school, despite only having qualified 15 years ago according to their website. Behaviour more associated with a consultant than a GP. Fine if you have a straightforward medical issue, or you don't mind it being made clear that he is the expert and you are the patient (which in fairness is true I suppose!)

Dr Bogatcheva is my preferred GP when available - friendly, thorough, and competent. The only downside really is that she's usually running late for her appointments - presumably because she hasn't had the NHS memo yet about dealing with patients like a production line, rather than as individuals. Can't have everything!

Only seen Dr Sharma the once but he was pleasant enough, quite young (by which I mean probably about my age, early-mid-30s) and did what I had gone there to get done.
Monday 28 May 2012 11.11am
I registered with Bermondsey Spa about a year ago and have seen Dr Bhatti twice - both times pleasant, straight-talking and helpful, and always bang on time. I've been generally very impressed with the surgery and would absolutely recommend it.
Monday 28 May 2012 3.32pm
Thank you so much, that's so useful! Minnie

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: