Shard flats?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 26 May 2012 8.58pm
Have these been purchased yet? When I look out my window I just can't possibly understand who would want to buy one of these flats? You really would have to be one arrogant, pseudo god to get pleasure out of living in that kind of place...
Sunday 27 May 2012 8.19am
James perhaps they will rent them up until the market improves, perhaps i could rent one and as a pensioner get a bit of housing benefit! Seriously how much will they be sold for I wonder?
Sunday 27 May 2012 8.43am
And on those foggy or hazy days you won't be able to see a thing. Not to mention emissions from Guy's chimneys and extractors bathing you in all manner of pollutants.
Sunday 27 May 2012 10.35am
Such a funny thread; there will only be 10 apartments, average size about 10,000 sq feet, minimum around 6-8,000. Cheapest flat has variably been reported as 24-30m. At least 2 are being retained by the Qatari royal family (the people financing the development) for their own use and undoubtedly some of their close associates will buy the bulk of the others.

Also as the flats are at the very top (just below the viewing platforms - if these ever materialise) I don't think they'll have to worry about obstructed views.
Sunday 27 May 2012 12.46pm
(just below the viewing platforms - if these ever materialise)

Is there any doubt about the viewing platforms - I thought they were a given (and if you knew how much the one at the Marina Bay Sands hotel in Singapore takes per month you would know why!)
Sunday 27 May 2012 12.48pm
Yes, they've already recruited staff for the viewing galleries.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 27 May 2012 6.27pm
10 flats probably already sold or reserved to arab royalty and russian oligarchs. i expect the flats themselves will cover the cost of much of the project. there is no downturn in the end of the market that caters to the mega rich. i wonder will we get a greek shipping magnate or 2 ...or don't they exist anymore?
Sunday 27 May 2012 7.07pm
james127 wrote:
Have these been purchased yet? When I look out my window I just can't possibly understand who would want to buy one of these flats? You really would have to be one arrogant, pseudo god to get pleasure out of living in that kind of place...
being so good at personality analysis, what would it make one to be so vitriolic about those prospective inhabitants?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 28 May 2012 6.24am
Ivanhoe wrote:

Like me, James127 wants to buy a flat in there but can't afford it! I'm bitter about it too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: