The Bell Pub Webber Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 28 May 2012 2.04pm
Is it just me or is anyone else sad that they had to knock down the building? I found out from reading the posts on here that it was going to be made into luxury flats - I just kinda naively assumed they would keep the same facade. Such a shame yet another building in the area with a bit of character has been knocked down, still not got over the lovely warehouse on Valentine Street that was flattened a couple of years ago. Soon it will all just be modern glass and metal buildings in the area...although I know there is some kind of heritage protection on a couple of blocks near by. Anyone know what the pub space is going to look like in future?
cbg
Tuesday 29 May 2012 12.27pm
Have a look at the "design and access statement" document in the approved planning permission:
http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeDocs&TheSystemkey=9539851
Tuesday 29 May 2012 12.33pm
I've just looked at the images in that doc. 57 Webber Street. What a crap building. More crappy people coming to SE1.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 1.28pm
beetroot wrote:
I've just looked at the images in that doc. 57 Webber Street. What a crap building. More crappy people coming to SE1.

So if I buy a 2 bd flat there, you call me a crap person… can you explain?
Tuesday 29 May 2012 2.42pm
The "more crappy people" comment is offensive.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 2.59pm
boroughpaul wrote:
The "more crappy people" comment is offensive.
To whom, out of interest?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 3.02pm
Surely to anyone? It isn't necessary is it?
Tuesday 29 May 2012 3.15pm
No, it's not necessary. But since none of these putative people actually exist (the flats aren't built yet), and given beetroot's history as someone who generally doesn't give offense, I wondered whether it was necessary to jump on him/her to such an extent, or whether it was easier to put it down to a very rare bad day and walk on by.

(I have never met beetroot and am never likely to. I have no personal interest in protecting him/her, other than that he/she appeare to be a reasonable and mild-mannered presence on here, which can't be said for everyone.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 4.19pm
i would say it's offensive to anyone who feels that prejudice and stereotyping are wrong... i would be interested in how a "crappy" person is defined and what have they had to do to earn this description
Tuesday 29 May 2012 4.51pm
We are awaiting your response Beetroot as to definition of "crappy"....
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network