Pub/venue with large function room

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 28 May 2012 2.58pm
Hello all

Anyone know of any pubs or venues in the area with decent sized function rooms? I am looking at around 50 - 100 people. Have enquired about the upstairs room at the Roebuck which I really like, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I finally found someone to marry me, and I am looking to have a reception that won't cost the earth.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Lucy
Monday 28 May 2012 7.29pm
You could try The Miller of Mansfield on Snowsfields. A few years ago the large upstairs function room could be booked without charge - though that may have changed. The manager is only there at certain times, so probably best to ring first.
Monday 28 May 2012 8.39pm
Hi Lucy

Congratulations!

I’m also getting married and I’ve just spent the last few months doing extensive research (ie going on lots of pub crawls) looking at venues. My circumstances were slightly different in that I was looking for a place to fit 100 – 150 people and I also needed disabled access/accessible loos etc which cut down our options, but in our travels the local ones we came across were:

The Draft House (Tower Bridge Road) – downstairs room with low min spend

The Leathermarket (Leather Market Street) – seemed nice, but room upstairs

The Woolpack (Bermondsey Street) – lovely upstairs room, but maybe a bit small for you

The Imbibe Bar – whole venue available on weekends

The George – you can hire out several rooms at once

The Southwark Rooms – looked promising on-line, but the bad attitude from the staff when we went to see it put us right off

The Bridge – if my memory serves me right, this was just a mezzanine rather than a separate room

Browns (Shad Thames) – Can hire several rooms together

Vivat Bacchus (London Bridge)

The fine Line (Monument) – whole venue for hire. Very helpful manager.

These were the only local ones I can remember off the top of my head, We looked at loads more, but drifted more towards the city as many of them let you hire out the whole pub as they tend to be closed at weekends. In the end, we went for The Distillers in Smithfield.

Good luck with our search. If you want any more info, feel free to PM me.

Hils
Monday 28 May 2012 9.29pm
Congratulations

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 7.10am
Hi Lucy

Congratulations.

We may be able to help at the Bridge Lounge on Tooley Street and do a regular amount of weddings at the bar - have 2 in June.

If you want to e-mail me some details of what you are looking for thebridgelounge@btconnect.com, I will come back to you.

Thanks

Nigel
The Bridge Lounge
Tuesday 29 May 2012 9.01am
Thanks for much everyone for the congrats and helpful suggestions! I will follow up on all of them.

Hils - wow thank you so much. Amazing list! Saved me hours of work there. Congrats to you too by the way x
Tuesday 29 May 2012 4.08pm
Goldsmiths do exclusive hire at weekends I think, for that sort of number.
Wednesday 30 May 2012 3.42pm
Ooh, I can imagine they'd do a good job at The Goldsmiths. Service has always been particularly good when we've been there (food also).

Wednesday 30 May 2012 3.43pm
What about Delfina?

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: