Computer training in Bermondsey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 21 April 2002 12.13pm
There are a number of sites in Bermondsey that will be providing local residents the opportunity to use and be taught to use computers. The first of these is Bermondsey village Hall every Wednesday through April and May between 1 and 4, more sites will be added Including Charterhouse in Southwark (Tabbard Street) Beormund Centre (Abbey Street) Leathermarket JMB (Leathermarket Street) Grange Primary School (Webb Street). This is part of the Government initiative UK Online, for details please call 020 7928 5116 and ask for Liam or Karen
Jan
Monday 22 April 2002 4.25am
sounds great....but are they the only hours available Liam? my knowledge of computers is really zilch....I log on...e-mail...surf and paddle, then log off!
a bit like someone who drives but no idea how the engine works or whats under the bonnet..
Monday 22 April 2002 11.37am
At the moment the times are as posted, as the project grows it will be delivering 38 hours a week plus drop-in sessions. It is going to be very much user-led in terms of what is delivered and when.
Thursday 25 April 2002 12.04pm
It sounds great. Is it just basic computing or can you learn packages such as excel, powerpoint, quark xpress etc.?
Friday 26 April 2002 7.59am
Just looking for opinions and seeing as this thread is on the same subject. i would be grateful for your thoughts.
I am thinking of starting up home computer training as after years working in compter support am looking to do something a bit different than sit in a huge building all day. do you think there is a need for it. i know many people buy PC's and don't know anything about them other than surfing the interent.
i was thinking of general maintainance and upgrading, word proccessing etc, plus inernet etc. any thoughts be appreciated.

martyn
Friday 26 April 2002 8.01am
We can teach Excel and PowerPoint, HTML, Database, etc; we don't have quark Xpress (we can offer Publisher) - Pop in for a chat or phone 020 7928 5116

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: