City Walk Water Supply

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Saturday 2 June 2012 1.15pm
I suddenly have no water and am aware of at least one other Hestia House resident who also has no water. Phoned Thames Water but they say it's nothing to do with them (ie: they have no reports of works/leaks in the area) and to contact the managing agents. Have others lost their water supply? Does anyone have the contact details for the new managing agents?
Saturday 2 June 2012 1.26pm
Spoken to the out of hours team who cover work for the managing agents. They are getting someone out to look at it - they think it might be a problem with the pumps in the building.
Saturday 2 June 2012 2.18pm
out of hours number is
name is renov8te
Saturday 2 June 2012 4.44pm
I also live in Hestia House and we have had this problem before - on several occasions. Indeed, it happened 3 times in about 4 months, last year. In the days when the 'Managing Agents' used to inform us, it was indeed the pumps, which needed re-setting.

The water pressure has been dropping, mid-shower, recently and I had a feeling this might happen again.

Like all things plumbing-wise, in this development, we should not be too suprised, given the shoddy work done during the construction.
Saturday 2 June 2012 7.18pm
is it back on im not at home at mo.

ta
Saturday 2 June 2012 7.25pm
davedave wrote:
is it back on im not at home at mo.
ta

No it is still off

So they were told at one o’clock that we had no water and they still haven’t fixed it – This lot ‘Residential Partners’ make the last lot of ‘Managing Agents’ look quite professional. They don’t work at the weekends so you have to call ‘RENOV8’, then ‘RENOV8’ have to call someone else – so it’s always someone else’s fault when things don’t get done!
We had the alarm going off for weeks saying that the fire alarm needed servicing,
The security door to the car park was broken for weeks and at the same time the roller doors to the garage were broken, so that anyone called walk around the flats – We had people try to break in.
The halls and lift aren’t cleaned properly any more – You just see the cleaners sitting around chatting when they are here.
- And they stick stupid notices up on the walls about cars in the underground car park – Walls that are in desperate need of painting.
While I’m having a rant about cleaning – Would the person (and we all know who you are on the 2nd floor) who keeps on letting their dog piss in the lift please train it (the dog) or have the decency to clean up after it.
Saturday 2 June 2012 7.50pm
I called Renov8 for an update at 7pm and was told that the last update they had received (from whichever company is supposed to be working to resolve the problem)was at 4.30pm to advise them that someone should be on site by 5.30pm. Clearly not too urgent for the "emergency team" given the 4 and a half hour time lapse between being advised of the problem and getting someone here. Of course, I am assuming there is actually someone here looking at it...who knows?
Saturday 2 June 2012 8.56pm
- Any update - I've just been downstairs and no workmen have arrived yet?
Saturday 2 June 2012 9.00pm
ive rang several times with no more info. ive also emailed residential and renov8te
Saturday 2 June 2012 9.02pm
I have just spoken to Bruno at Renov8 again. He is very helpful but is struggling to get this resolved for us. The company who are supposed to deal with these sorts of issues are a company named Call Tech, but have not yet turned up on site, so we are still without a water supply and 8 hours after reporting it, nothing has been done, and Bruno has no idea when Call Tech are going to get here. He told me that his process for when something like this is reported is to contact Call Tech to report it and also email the Building Manager for Hestia House at Residential Partners. He told me she has replied to his email, but there still seems to be no plan of action to get this resolved either via Call Tech or someone else. If you are reading this, I suggest you email our Building Manager directly to complain about the lack of response - which I am also about to do. Her name is Nicola Watt and her email address is: nwatt@residentialpartners.co.uk
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: