Mugging on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 15
Wednesday 6 June 2012 7.58pm
Hi all,

Walking home around 8:15pm this evening I witnessed a mugging on Tooley St (near city hall).

A girl was walking along with her iPhone out and a hoodie on a bike (with blue rims on the wheels) cycled over and grabbed it before cycling off. I also noticed two more hanging around near the Bridge Lounge.

The poor girl was shaken when we got to her. A helpful cyclist called the police while we explained how to remotely disable her iPhone (via iCloud). The police arrived pretty quickly, but I reckon the guy is local so they won't be able to find him.

I just wanted to serve this as a reminder to be careful with your smartphones/bags/wallets in this area. Sometimes we all get too complacent.
Wednesday 6 June 2012 8.11pm
Awful-poor girl. Good you were there to help out.
Wednesday 6 June 2012 9.00pm
How awful - hope she is ok.
Wednesday 6 June 2012 9.10pm
eye 4 a eye take off there hands then they cant rob know more
Wednesday 6 June 2012 9.18pm
These hoodies are 'allowed' by law to do so. The police refused to investigate three cases of mugging/thefts I reported (citing shortage of staff) even though I could described the exact time, place and the location of the CCTVs.
Wednesday 6 June 2012 9.37pm
Perhaps another forum might be useful for this post, but a friend of mine had his iPhone stolen -- with a violent assault -- near the NKR/Subway/Bricklayer's Arms area. This afternoon as well.
Wednesday 6 June 2012 10.02pm
james127 wrote:
Perhaps another forum might be useful for this post, but a friend of mine had his iPhone stolen -- with a violent assault -- near the NKR/Subway/Bricklayer's Arms area. This afternoon as well.

Perhaps the same lot? This guy wasn't the only one hanging around.

@Kaptau It's frustrating isn't it? We managed to hail a police car who took the girl off to see if she could spot the guy around the area. I don't have high hopes that he'll get caught for this though.
Thursday 7 June 2012 4.44am
Around 2 weeks ago as I walked up Tabard St towards Long Lane I heard a young lady screaming, help, help when I looked she was running after a hooded person, she ran down Long Lane towards Tesco at least 50yds in front of me, as I reached the paved area between St George the Martyr and The Graveyard there was a rucksack and folder on the ground, they obviously belonged to the young lady, I stopped with another passerby saying looks like she's been mugged let's make sure no one steals these while she's gone. The young lady returned saying, that guy stole my phone... I left her with the other lady as hanging about was going to help the situation. For the record I had my handbag snatched on Tabard Street August 2009 by a hooded person and my first thought was I wonder if it was the same person...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Thursday 7 June 2012 8.02am
more cctv cameras needed at face level, then the b****s cant hide behind their hoods. They should be covert inside say street furniture!

bring back the birch...flog em...
Thursday 7 June 2012 8.18am
When I was out for my run last night I noticed more 'yoofs' than usual hanging around. It made me wonder whether it is to do with half term. Which in turn made me think at least that would mean the 'yoofs' must normally be busy with school work during term time.

Since there was a bit of a flurry of these incidents reported a few months ago I've been much more careful about having my phone out while walking around the area.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: