Mugging in NKR subway

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 6 June 2012 11.04pm
Individual was assaulted (knife, but not stabbed...punched) in NKR subway this afternoon...iPhone stolen.

That flyover needs to come down and, when that happens, the road can be re-designed to eliminate the unnecessary subway, which is a hotbed for crime, urination and anti-social behaviour.
Thursday 7 June 2012 9.00am
I agree about the urination, but would love to see the stats for crimes committed in nkr subway.Gone back and forth at various times of night and day, 3am in the morning sometimes. I must look very formidable with my walking stick!
Thursday 7 June 2012 9.33am
Do you think people would be affected much if the subway was closed? There was a small subway in Victoria that offered nothing more than an alley to urinate in and was boarded up. I think there are enough traffic lights and crossings in that area to negate the need for the subway. I would never use it!
Thursday 7 June 2012 9.49am
Yes, the subway is required otherwise pedestrians are simply playing with death, trying to cross NKR outside the Coronet.
Thursday 7 June 2012 9.50am
I think this thread is about the Bricklayers Arms subway, Juanita, rather than the Elephant.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 7 June 2012 10.01am
Living down the NKR end of Pages Walk, I use the subway every day. Must say I've never had any trouble or even smelled anything particularly unsavoury. Would certainly be a significant inconvenience if they closed it
Thursday 7 June 2012 10.01am
Yes, Bricklayers.

I think it exists at that location so people can access the respective bus stops. Otherwise, those coming from the North have to walk all the way to the gas station thanks to the massive iron fence in the middle of the street.

And, I'm sure there's not 'a lot' of crime in the subway, but the problem is that it is a crime-welcoming space -- if you want to mug someone.

My question is: why should human beings of the community have to be treated like rats -- at great risk of crime -- just to cross the street so that cars aren't inconvenienced in a minor way?
Thursday 7 June 2012 3.29pm
Hobby horse.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 7 June 2012 4.41pm
Sounds nasty.
There is an App which makes the phone unusable, and traceable.
Was the victim using the phone whilst walking through the subway?
Thursday 7 June 2012 7.42pm
Missing the point Graham. The very existence of the flyover upsets locals so much that they are forced to go out and mug people.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: