Off licence on Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 8 June 2012 8.22am
Does anyone know what happened to the off licence next to 197 Long Lane? It's been closed since Friday last week and it seems it's been almost emptied inside.
Friday 8 June 2012 10.22am
I was wondering the same, they seem to have tried quite a few different identities over the last couple of years - including Brazilian hotdogs with the rather risque picture of a lady on the window. They had some nice but well overpriced wines for the 'general' market. Probably lost a lot of business to Sainsburys etc...
Friday 8 June 2012 10.38am
They've not been the best at business for sure. But where I am going to buy Polish beer in the neighbourhood now? And what about the emergency pint of milk? :-(
Friday 8 June 2012 11.05am
The amount of things I bought from there which transpired to be past their sell by date was a joke.

There were very good for emergency booze runs though.

I hope they turn it into an oyster bar.
Friday 8 June 2012 11.06am
There's another , smaller, off license just along the road by the fish bar, and also a decent sized one round the corner on Pilgrimage St.
Friday 8 June 2012 11.24am
I know. I'm lazy though. It was nice to have one on my door step!
Monday 9 July 2012 3.52pm
Noticed they've started gutting it in the last few days. Does anybody know what the plans are for this space? I'm finding myself likewise afflicted by not having 3 flavours of Yazoo close at hand...
Monday 9 July 2012 4.48pm
I hope it stays a booze shop, but this time run by some nice people rather than those miserable buggers.
Monday 9 July 2012 5.49pm
Shall we open a shop managed by the local community? :)
Tuesday 10 July 2012 3.03pm
The people running the shop were not the friendliest bunch, sometimes lucky to get acknowledgement they were even seving you let alone a thank you. And I lost count of the amount of times they didn't have any pennies, so asked if they could 'owe me it'

Apparently the owner offered the lease to the Sri Lankan guy who runs the corner shop on wilds Rents . He declined saying it was not a good location / business opportunitity.

Have to admit to hating the shop - in all it's guieses - whilst it was there, but now find myself missing the convenience of nipping downstairs in my slippers for a pint of milk (ok, and maybe the odd choccie bar....)

On a slight side note, does anyone know why there were servearl police cars and police van outside the shop yesterday about 3ish?

i wonder what comes next?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: