Tower Bridge: Helicopter Saturday evening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 9 June 2012 7.40pm
Hovering over Butlers Wharf and so loud that my dinner party guests can't have a conversation. Is this legal? I took pictures of it but don't know where/who to complain.

Related news & features

Saturday 9 June 2012 8.01pm
There are two of them and they seem to be doing the same route. Looks like they are practicing going between tall buildings and from where I was looking it appeared that one was going to land but I knew it was too big to land in that location, so it must have been flying low. Very irritating noise.
Saturday 9 June 2012 8.02pm
And I have just gone onto SE1 News and there it is; two helicopters have just flown under tower bridge!
Sunday 10 June 2012 2.47am
The one with a camera was filming us on the London Eye earlier yesterday. Our pod was filmed for the BBC Olympic coverage, so presume it was for the same thing!
Sunday 10 June 2012 8.43am
Believe it is for the opening ceremony of the Olympics, as part of a James Bond scene!
Sunday 10 June 2012 10.29am
The London-SE1 aricle made we wonder what happened to Flight Lieutenant Alan Pollock. It seems he's still alive anyway.

Hawker Hunter Tower Bridge incident

He was subsequently invalided out of the RAF on medical grounds. This avoided a court martial and the embarrassment to the government of Pollock giving a reason for his stunt.
Sunday 10 June 2012 11.11am
The white heilcopter featured in the news section report spent quite a while flying low over Covent Garden last night as well
Monday 11 June 2012 12.27pm
I was also disturbed by the helicopters and contacted their owner complaining that we had no prior notification of disturbance from filming. Got an immediate apology and was told that it was for the opening ceremony of the Olympics and Daniel Craig was in the helicopter which flew through Tower Bridge. No problem there, but raises the question of whether the 'authorities' are going to ride rough shod over the locals during the Olympics in the same way that security did for the Jubilee Flotilla.
Monday 11 June 2012 1.21pm
butlers wrote:
I was also disturbed by the helicopters and contacted their owner complaining that we had no prior notification of disturbance from filming. Got an immediate apology and was told that it was for the opening ceremony of the Olympics and Daniel Craig was in the helicopter which flew through Tower Bridge. No problem there, but raises the question of whether the 'authorities' are going to ride rough shod over the locals during the Olympics in the same way that security did for the Jubilee Flotilla.

Of course they will. Surely everybody must realise by now that LOCOG have nothing but contempt for us. Lecturing us on how we should travel to work, what time we should leave work etc etc. All they want from us is the tax to pay for the whole shindig. "The Peoples Games" - absolute cobblers.
Monday 11 June 2012 1.47pm
A timely article in today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/11/granary-square-privately-owned-public-space

More places to graze pigs, I say.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: