FOUND - tortoise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 12 June 2012 12.43pm
A small tortoise mysteriously appeared in a plant tub in our garden in West Square on Sunday 3 June. It is being looked after by a local vet - please let me know if you think it is yours.
Tuesday 12 June 2012 12.49pm
Sorry that should be Sunday 10 June
Tuesday 12 June 2012 4.03pm
Aww,
I want to get a garden, so I can offer it a home.
Tortoise care
Tuesday 12 June 2012 5.51pm
They're faster than you think...

(Seriously)
Tuesday 12 June 2012 8.44pm
Its not mine but I have a garden and can offer it a home.
Tuesday 12 June 2012 10.47pm
Can I come & visit?
Wednesday 13 June 2012 12.27am
We had a tortoise when I was a kid. The little bugger was always digging his way out of our garden under the fence and reappearing two gardens away having munched his way through next door's veggies.

Hope he finds a good home.
Wednesday 13 June 2012 8.02am
As Micek says, they are faster than you think. We looked after one for a fortnight some years ago, while our friends went away on holiday. It was always escaping and we were constantly combing the garden for the little blighter. I was glad when that fortnight was over.
I took my elderly neighbour's dog for its annual vaccination yesterday and there was a lady waiting in the surgery with a tortoise on her lap. I'd never seen a tortoise in a vet's waiting room before and curiosity got the better of me. She explained that the poor thing was confused. The sudden cool and wet weather had sent him back in to hibernation and he wouldn't feed.
I had trouble keeping the dog under control, he thought it was a crusty pie!
Wednesday 13 June 2012 9.18am
When I was very young and we had just moved into our first house, we realised that the lady next door had a tortoise in her garden that was fastened via a hole drilled through its shell - incredibly cruel! - to a string and a peg so that it wouldn't 'wander'.

My brilliant Dad and his brother executed a night-time, commando-like raid into the garden to rescue the tortoise, and then found it a new home. I know they committed theft, but I was (and still am) so proud of them.
Wednesday 13 June 2012 12.06pm
Good for your dad, Mcqueen!

Chalkey wrote:
I had trouble keeping the dog under control, he thought it was a crusty pie!

This made me laugh out loud!

Hope he finds his home. Terrible to lose a pet :(
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: