Simon Hughes - no opinion about Murdoch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 13 June 2012 4.18pm
Following his support for the NHS privatisation Bill Simon Hughes appears to have no view as to whether Jeremy Hunt should be investigated over allegations of collusion with the Murdochs
Wednesday 13 June 2012 7.59pm
Wish he would do one, useless ****.
Wednesday 13 June 2012 8.16pm
"no view" ...its is outrageous that politicians opt out of voting. doesnt he have a view? abstentions should never be an option. with the rest of the lib dems he needs to consider his career options post 2015
Wednesday 13 June 2012 11.25pm
boroughpaul wrote:
abstentions should never be an option

That's a bizarre view given that "abstention" would win a significant number of seats in general elections if it was a candidate. You refuse to admit the possibility that he (and his colleagues) considered the options carefully and decided that abstaining was the best possible approach to take?
Thursday 14 June 2012 5.15am
No its a weak cop-out. Politicians are paid no have views.
Thursday 14 June 2012 9.23am
Given what Vince Cable and Nick Clegg have been saying at Leveson, it seems bizarre that Simon Hughes doesn't have a view
Thursday 14 June 2012 12.02pm
Dead man walking.
Thursday 14 June 2012 3.12pm
He's a pthetic excuse for a political representative....IMHO
Thursday 14 June 2012 5.58pm
Please remember all the betrayals by Simon Hughes since the coalition was formed, I'm starting to run out of fingers to count them on but I will never forget or forgive and I will not accept whatever he says or his organised apologists say.
He has been a hypocrite since the day he was first elected. We remember his election slogan against Peter Tatchell "It's a STRAIGHT choice ", oh no it wasn't, at least Peter Tatchell was honest.
Leopards and spots comes to mind and then there is Simon Hughes.
Thursday 14 June 2012 10.19pm
Hughes shoud have had the strength of character to resign his whip over a large number of u-turns since the election. He claims to be a conviction politician and has been in place for 30 years but continues to accept consecutively dismissed sinecures in return for his abandonment of principle.

Last week, I saw his converted black cab parked unlawfully on (and I do mean "on") a junction within the borough. I assume he drives it personally and I thought it emblemised his decline - personal comfort is more important than society.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: