Borough Market - charitable

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 June 2012 5.12pm
I cannot believe that Borough Market is once again getting rid of Traders who bring fresh produce and value for money ingredients to the Market. I often buy from these guys. They have good quality ingredients at a good price. They are true producers -of which there are not many at Borough Market. This proves thet they are more interested in running a hot food tourist destination. More and more Traders are selling hot food and now they are getting rid of locally produced ingredients. If they really want to change the face of the Market, surely they can resolve this matter.

They have introduced some new Traders recently. Why did they not offer space to these guys in the first instance? If it was pre-planned surely they would ensure that these Traders who have been there for 18 months were made aware. I find it hard to believe that this has anything to do with Network Rail. Very convenient though.

As for events in the Jubilee Market, I would rather have a ingredient Market. Food and Art - please! If I want art, I go to the Tate! There are five Traders who are participating on the day. All selling hot food or take-away. Nothing new then.

A trader told me just last week that they just got rid of one of the longest standing employees who is very well like and respected by the Traders. Apparently she was the only one who has market expertise. Yes, this may be classed as internal politics.
Thursday 14 June 2012 2.50pm
This is a real shame. The Jubilee Market section was the best part of the market with real and interesting food products, not something in a bun.

I'm sad to see the rest of it turning into one big takeaway. I hope this is not the future.
Thursday 21 June 2012 12.02pm
Have a look at the area by Turnips. That is the future. The vision is playing out before our very eyes - probably why one has not been published as yet.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: