Swimming in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 June 2012 8.12am
Hello everyone, I'm still fairly new to the area, i'm looking for swimming pool where i can actually swim for training, not go with the kids. i don't seem to be able to locate such a pool in se1 (i live in se17 ), does anybody know if there are such facilities around and possibly the cost? thanks
Alice
Thursday 14 June 2012 8.30am
I am a member of the Circle Spa - they have kids in the pool during certain hours (I think late afternoon), outside of that there aren't any.

www.thecirclespa.com
Thursday 14 June 2012 8.38am
If I was in SE17 I think I'd go the other way to Camberwell Leisure Centre.
Thursday 14 June 2012 2.24pm
Hi. Check out the Downside Centre on Druid Street: www.downsidecentre.com
Really nice pool but limited opening hours...
Friday 15 June 2012 4.18pm
The fitness first gym in London Bridge has a pool - it's not enormous but isn't particularly well used so if you get there early then it's all yours for some good laps
Monday 18 June 2012 8.35am
Have you tried the pool at Guys Hospital? Opening hours are a bit odd, as they have school visits when not open to members. However, it is large, with three lanes and cheaper than joining a gym. Its part of the Thomas Guy Club and you dont have to be a member of staff to join. The entrance is tucked away behind the Greenwood Theatre (which is on Weston Street).
Monday 18 June 2012 9.48am
Peckham Pulse usually has a section reserved for lap swimming.
Wednesday 8 August 2012 1.24pm
nikki vane wrote:
Have you tried the pool at Guys Hospital? Opening hours are a bit odd, as they have school visits when not open to members. However, it is large, with three lanes and cheaper than joining a gym. Its part of the Thomas Guy Club and you dont have to be a member of staff to join. The entrance is tucked away behind the Greenwood Theatre (which is on Weston Street).
Is that correct? I can't find any info on that on their website
Wednesday 8 August 2012 1.26pm
The Marriott County Hall has lovely pool, although expensive (I'm a member but I believe you can get day passes).
Wednesday 8 August 2012 1.57pm
What about the one at Darwin Court?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: