Bermondsey Farmers' Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 16 June 2012 10.23pm
Can anyone tell me if the Farmer's market is still on? I understand there were doubts about its future earlier on in the year but as I've not had the chance to go see for myself, would be good if someone could confirm! Thanks
Sunday 17 June 2012 8.38am
I'm pretty sure it is still going - I've been recently. On Saturdays in Bermondsey Squ.
Sunday 17 June 2012 10.40am
Yup, I was there yesterday watching the vendors struggle with the swirling gales inside the square. It seems to be going strong - they had a new stall there yesterday (Potter's Preserves), which is a good sign for the future.
Sunday 17 June 2012 12.19pm
Bought some great elderflower marmalade from Potter's Preserves yesterday. Can highly recommend them, and hope they'll make it a regular thing. BSM is our go-to place now that Maltby Street has become a bit like Borough markate- lots of people walking around with pizza slices and calling cabs to come and pick them up yesterday, just felt wrong!
Sunday 17 June 2012 5.51pm
Don't think anyone sells pizza on Maltby St. Real milk and an assortment of other things but not pizza.
Glad the farmers market is going strong.
Monday 18 June 2012 12.15pm
Davies wrote:
Don't think anyone sells pizza on Maltby St. Real milk and an assortment of other things but not pizza.
Glad the farmers market is going strong.

They do - in the arch where the Kernel used to be. Quite tasty but a bit pricey (sums up the market really)
Monday 18 June 2012 12.50pm
I highly recommend the market on Bermondsey Square. There is an excellent baker 'Le Moulin' with the best bread, baguette and pastries. Next to them a Spanish guy who sells delicious Bramley apples and apple jam. The fishmonger is an absolute find: a man with a van full with fresh fish and, what's more, very reasonable. We bought crab this Saturday and it was super.

As mentioned before Maltby Street has had its best days and I don't go there anymore. Borough Market is great on weekdays and I still shop there as often as I can. But the Bermondsey Square market is now my preferred market.
Monday 18 June 2012 3.10pm
Another vote for Bermondsey Square - the fishmonger is excellent. Just need to get out of bed in time...
Monday 23 July 2012 7.04pm
Hi all, its great to hear such amazing comments. To update you all on the situation regarding the market. We are now running the farmers market ourselves, that is the stall holders. We are working hard to ensure that we keep new stalls attending and hope that you do appreciate the work we all put in.

Please keep coming, it has been quite the last 6 weeks, we continue to need your support.

Thank you for your custom. From all the traders at Bermondsey Farmers Market.
Saturday 15 September 2012 6.30am
Hi just letting you all know that Chris is back this week. Christ has sorted staff in the shop so he can be with us every Saturday again.

See you there 10am to 2pm.

We have some lovely Angus beef from a young heifer (female) only 16 months old so should be really tender.

Come down and have a look at all the market has to offer.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: