Volunteer opportunities or part time work.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 June 2012 10.48pm
Hi, I'm new to the area, I'm french and I really want to improve my spoken english. I am looking to volunteer locally or try and find some part time work. Does anyone know of any places I can go to volunteer or have any vacancies in bar work or waitressing? Really appreciate any help.
Claudie
Tuesday 19 June 2012 9.31am
Bonjour, Claudie :-) You might like to try Bermondsey Square, where there is an Hotel, with a restaurant [Gregg's Table]. Also a cinema/bar - Shortwave - and DelaZiz, a Moroccan restaurant. They all have people from all over the world; a regular United Nations :p

Bermondsey Square is between Tower Bridge Road, Abbey Street and Bermondsey Street.

Bon chance!
Tuesday 19 June 2012 2.40pm
or the French Restaurant - Lobster Pot
Tuesday 19 June 2012 2.53pm
Check this website Greater London Volunteering

Everything you need on there, I think. They are in Webber St.
Monday 25 June 2012 7.43am
Hi Claudie - there are lots of volunteer opportunities in the Southwark area, go to Just Do It website to link in to your area; can also try specific charity websites like Medecinema, Crisis, WSPA, Time & Talents. If you are interested in the arts -you could try places like the National Theatre which sometimes use volunteers. Really depends on your interests and where you are.

Have a lovely time in Southwark - it is a fantastic place to live.
Monday 25 June 2012 8.34am
McDonald is hiring if you fancy working part-time
Monday 25 June 2012 3.57pm
Hi again Claudie - sorry not Just do It (that's a protest organisation) should have been www.do-it.org.uk. There is also Southwark Volunteers.
Monday 25 June 2012 3.59pm
Hi again Claudie - sorry not Just Do It (that's a protest organisation) should have been do-it.org.uk. There is also Southwark Volunteers.
Friday 29 June 2012 1.51pm
Claudie
I am on Borough High St and I will swap you one of of spoken English for one hour of French conversation.
You can private message me. Sue

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: