Harlequin Building - Southwark Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 19 June 2012 8.58pm
I live in a big city. I expect it to look like a city, not like a small town. I like big, modern buildings like the Blue Fin, I think they improve a city. When they started renovating what's now the Harlequin building on Southwark Street ( I don't know what it was called before, nor what happened in there, as it was always empty but all the computers always seemed on...)I was optimistic. It's almost finished now, and I don't mind it. Well, I didn't, until someone decided to put in those stupid green, purple, red lighting windows... What is all that about? Who, on earth thinks that's a good idea?
Tuesday 19 June 2012 9.13pm
They look a bit tacky don't they? Let's see how it progresses, but it's a pretty ugly affair in any case.
Tuesday 19 June 2012 9.20pm
Tolstoy wrote:
They look a bit tacky don't they? Let's see how it progresses, but it's a pretty ugly affair in any case.
Sadly, it looks pretty much like the finishing touch...
Tuesday 19 June 2012 9.31pm
Yes, I'm just hanging in there with the hope when it's complete it might look somehow magically transformed... but I doubt it.
Tuesday 19 June 2012 9.40pm
It's even worse - it's colour changing lights. Oh dear. It'll be like Christmas all year.
Zoe
Wednesday 20 June 2012 8.11am
Which building do you mean? I must go see an ugly, flashing office block!
Wednesday 20 June 2012 8.42am
I haven't seen the site recently, but from the sounds of it that colour scheme is linked to the name of the building? You know, 'harlequin'?!
Wednesday 20 June 2012 9.27am
Yorkie wrote:
I haven't seen the site recently, but from the sounds of it that colour scheme is linked to the name of the building? You know, 'harlequin'?!
I would have preferrd if they callled it "Pulcinella".
Wednesday 20 June 2012 9.32am
The harlequin theme might have worked if the colours were more bold and unique, but they're just a collection of washed out pastel shades reminiscent of a grannies purple rinse and those foul tasting violet mints. With apologies to grannies.
Wednesday 20 June 2012 9.46am
Tolstoy wrote:
The harlequin theme might have worked if the colours were more bold and unique, but they're just a collection of washed out pastel shades reminiscent of a grannies purple rinse and those foul tasting violet mints. With apologies to grannies.
Haha! Purple Rinse building would indeed be more appropriate.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: